Selfie camera not accessible on Galaxy s7

Shelbi Etscorn

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Across multiple apps, I'm unable to get my selfie camera to turn on.
On my camera app, if I swipe up or down like I normally would to switch cameras, it'll do the transition effect but will come back still using the rear camera.
In my Snapchat app, when I double click or hit the switch camera button, the screen will freeze up on whatever the rear camera had been pointing at.
Has anyone experienced this or know what the issue may be?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try starting the phone in Safe Mode and see if you have the same results. If it works in Safe Mode, the problem is likely an app which has the front camera locked up.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge screen.
  3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

To exit Safe Mode, just reboot the phone in the normal manner.

If the front camera doesn't work in Safe Mode, try an app like this one https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.inkwired.droidinfo&token=JA5xTJou. If it doesn't "see" the front ("secondary") camera, then I would suspect a hardware problem.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi @Shelbi Etscorn

Sorry to hear you are having an issue!

There are a couple basic things you can try:

1. Try force stopping the camera app and clearing the cache for the camera application. On Samsung navigate to Settings > Apps/Application Manager > Search till you find the Camera app > Force Stop > Data/Clear Cache

2. If the above does not work, simply rebooting the device is a nice easy step to try.

3. If you are still struggling with getting it to work, there could potentially be a hardware issue. Was the front camera ever working? Was there any drop damage/cracks on the front glass/camera? Was this a recent purchase within the last year? If so, this is something covered under the manufacturer warranty as long as the device is free of cracks.

4. You could have factory reset the device, but let's hold off till we gather some additional info

Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana