Galaxy S7 in reboot loop AND can't enter password

A

AC Question

I'm using fingerprint ID to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S7. It's gone into a reboot loop, but when the lock screen comes up and I swipe to enter my password (as you must do after a reboot), the keyboard won't pop up. Sometimes, after repeated attempts, the keyboard appears briefly, but the phone reboots before I can enter the password. And the frustration starts all over again. The battery is also discharging rapidly.

har har

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue. Although, I don't see the keyboard at all. I contacted the Samsung support several times, but they keep saying that the phone can only be unlocked if you have a Samsung account. Unfortunately, I don't remember which Samsung account is linked to the phone, so I could not solve the problem. The problem appeared when I went into flight mode and activated the WiFi on board of the plane, then the rebooting etc. started. Please if anyone can help here would be highly appreciated!

darkjaap

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I'm having the same issue as you guys. Galaxy S7 restarts and when reach lock screen the keyboard doesn't open and it reboots again.
I already wipe cache partition and boot in safe mode but with same results. It is really frustrating.

I was at the airport and had my phone in Airplane mode and I turn on Wifi to connect to the airport network when this happened.

Anyone found a solution for this? I don't want to factory reset my phone.

Kristian Bankov

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, has anyone resolved the issue? could you give me a hint? With external keyboard is not working for me, because it is set up in cyrillic characters but the password is with latin.

Thanks in advance!

KB

raj9944

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
hi
i found a simple solution instead of resetting the device and losing your data.I dont if it is permanent but atleast you can unlock your device and back up your data.
Connect an external keyboard through usb and enter your password to unlock.Then you can do whatever you want.
It is pretty sad that samsung is unwilling to acknowlwdge the problem or do anything about it.That is why samsung will never be a leader
However i dont know how to premanently solve this problem
If you come across something plz also let me know

transisto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty bad to be landing in a foreign country without a mobile device!!!

Same thing just happened to me, was in airplane mode and enabled Wifi to connect to plane Wifi.
There isn't even a way to close the phone, It's rebooting endlessly.
Unfortunately I'm not carrying a USB keyboard + OTG cable, will report back if it eventually work.

Please Samsung, Do something about it.

transisto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty bad to be landing in a foreign country without a mobile device!!!

Same thing just happened to me, was in airplane mode and enabled Wifi to connect to plane Wifi.
There isn't even a way to close the phone, It's rebooting endlessly.
Unfortunately I'm not carrying a USB keyboard + OTG cable, will report back if it eventually work.

Please Samsung, Do something about it.

Report of similar problem : https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/415188/Keyboard+doesnt+show+up+after+reboot

I can confirm that typing the password with an external keyboard and OTG cable does the trick.

Last edited:

Mike Tan3

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung S7 and I was able to solve this and hopefully this can benefit you guys. Here is what I did.

Since the phone keyboard was not popping up and the unit keeps rebooting what I did was to attach an external keyboard via micro usb slot. Once the screen asks for your password use the keyboard to immediately input your password. If you have logged in immediately go to settings and TURN OFF your security settings meaning turn off the fingerprint or password of your unit or the swipe method. As in put your phone to have no security whats so ever. If your phone becomes stable already meaning it doesn't do the endless rebooting and heating up. Go to the last application that you installed and delete it or uninstall it via settings. Next go to general management then go to reset look for reset settings and when your ready press reset settings. This will make your device go to the original factory default setting without wiping your data. That's it once the phone reboots it should be normal again. If this does not work then your last option is to go to factory reset.

I was really happy that just resetting the phone to factory default setting was able to make my phone normal again. Actually it now runs faster. The best part is that my data was still intact! I hope this help guys good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87