Computer not recognizing galaxy s7 and device is not fast charging

A

AC Question

maybe about a week or two ago my phone stopped fast charging with any cable.. i do use the fast charging certified plug. and now my computer is not recognizing or picking up the phone with any cable i tried. any idea on how to fix this? I looked in developer options I do have MTP on and usb debugging.

Samsung-SM-G930A S7 AT&T

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the microUSB port is clear of any debris -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and clean the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it looks clear of debris on visual inspection, then it's possible that the port itself has failed, or perhaps an internal connection. Is the phone still under warranty?

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the microUSB port is clear of any debris -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and clean the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.
i AM having the same issue. At first fast charging stopped and then it stopped charging normally also, taking 13 hours to charge. Trieng almost everything i thought usb port. Exspesccailly when wireless fast charging worked. but then that stopped followed shortly after by it talking forever to charge wirelessly. also when connecting to computer, my computer informs me there is a problem with device. I've noticed that there is a new firmware update that i am not recivign also. Currently running XSA. If u find an answer please let me know

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Try a different cable.
Yes I tried different cable and cleared partition and booted in safe mode. I checked Sam mobile and see there is an update I have not received yet my question is can I load that on to my sd card and do update. It is the same build number same bu same csc the only thing that looks like it changed was the ap. Do I need to rename the update. (update.zip)?

dokopnik

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes I tried different cable and cleared partition and booted in safe mode. I checked Sam mobile and see there is an update I have not received yet my question is can I load that on to my sd card and do update. It is the same build number same bu same csc the only thing that looks like it changed was the ap. Do I need to rename the update. (update.zip)?

@Bradley Hoffman
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. Were you able to solve it? Please share details.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non