App shortcut on lock screen, how do I get around entering a passcode/swipe to get into it?

hsbdobergirl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
You can put app shortcuts on the lock screen. I don't see the point if you have to swipe/enter passcode-fingerprint to use it.

I have an emergency information shortcut on the 'lock screen' I want people to see without knowing my passcode etc.

How can I do this?

Thanks

These type of things drive me crazy about android.......

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
settings, lock screen and security, info and app shortcuts, owner information.
there you can enter anything you want and it will show on the lock screen

hsbdobergirl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's showing on the lock screen but I can't get into it (by pressing the icon). I have to put in my passcode first. Kind of useless. That's why I'm asking if there is a workaround. I want to press the icon on the lock screen and have it open immediately, without me having to swipe or enter a passcode. Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's just so that when you enter the passcode it goes directly to that app. It's still a shortcut in the way it's one or two steps less than if they weren't there.

As for emergency info, that's what the text info banner on the lockscreen is for. There is also an Edge app that works on the lockscreen to post emergency info on.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Shortcuts on the lock screen? As in the little icon in each of the bottom corners? If I understand correctly, you swipe them up from the bottom to open them without unlocking your phone.

hsbdobergirl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
chanchan05, What app are you referring to? I have way too much info to simply put on the lock screen. the purpose of those icons was supposed to be a quick launch (nothing quick about it). For example I have an 'ICE' document icon and my camera icons on the lock screen. I don't want to have to do or know anything to launch these. Just press and go whether the phone is locked or not. I know there are ways around this, I really don't want to have to root the phone and create an app to get it to happen. I've heard of apps that will do this I just can't find them! Appreciate any help. Thanks.

hsbdobergirl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
App shortcut on lock screen, how do I get around entering a passcode/swipe to open it??

You can enable two icons at the bottom of your lock screen. In my case, I have an ICE icon (In case of Emergency) and the Camera Icon on my lock screen. I want (and others) to be able to open these applications by simply selecting the icon - WITHOUT having to swipe, enter a passcode, fingerprint etc. What good is it if emergency personnel need my passcode etc. to get to the ICE document?

How can I do this? If there is no workaround, I do not see the point of having these icons on the lock screen. Makes no sense.

Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
chanchan05, What app are you referring to? I have way too much info to simply put on the lock screen. the purpose of those icons was supposed to be a quick launch (nothing quick about it). For example I have an 'ICE' document icon and my camera icons on the lock screen. I don't want to have to do or know anything to launch these. Just press and go whether the phone is locked or not. I know there are ways around this, I really don't want to have to root the phone and create an app to get it to happen. I've heard of apps that will do this I just can't find them! Appreciate any help. Thanks.
This one:

http://www.samsungapps.com/appquery...al.emergencycard&cntyTxt=515&equipID=SM-G935F

hsbdobergirl

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but what is the name of the app so I can go look for it? The link you provided (depending on the browser) takes me to the buy S8 page or I get a 404 error. Thanks!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but what is the name of the app so I can go look for it? The link you provided (depending on the browser) takes me to the buy S8 page or I get a 404 error. Thanks!
You need to open in on your S7 so that it opens the Samsung App Store. Edge Panels aren't available on Google Play.

Anyway its Emergency Card for Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38