Sammobile firmware 11104523 for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) is broken

Misculatus

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Sammobile firmware changelog 11104523 Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) is totally broken
I always get my S7 updated with the latest ROM on sammobile.
This 11104523 is totaly broken and the phone starts with tons of errors and bugs, after using ODIN.
Has anyone encountered this issue and has a fix?
Thank you.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Uh, why are you getting from Sammobile and not the official one for your device via software update?

Sammobile is not an official Samsung site. It's not always best to get from unofficial sources.

Fix is go back to the previous firmware for your specific S7, and get the official update.

Misculatus

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Uh, because the OTA updates comes once in one year... if you are lucky. Samsung OTA has the worst update ever. Even Nokia N6 has Android 7.1.1, while Galaxy S7 has Android 7.0.
Anyway, I m not asking for "go back to Samsung update" type of answer. I am asking if somebody has any explanation to why is this version 11104523 broken or how to fix this changelog. I temporarilly switched back to the previous version.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sammobile firmware 11104523 for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) is broken

Uh, because the OTA updates comes once in one year... if you are lucky. Samsung OTA has the worst update ever. Even Nokia N6 has Android 7.1.1, while Galaxy S7 has Android 7.0.
Anyway, I m not asking for "go back to Samsung update" type of answer. I am asking if somebody has any explanation to why is this version 11104523 broken or how to fix this changelog. I temporarilly switched back to the previous version.
I got an S7 and I get the monthly OTA.

As I said, Sammobile is not an official Samsung site. All the files uploaded there are files that Samsung already released for OTA on its phones. Basically somebody already received their OTA from Samsung and extracted it.

As for why it's broken, it could be anything from server problems to a broken file, but the update itself when coming from Samsung would not be broken.

If Samsung only released one OTA a year, there won't be anything for you to download from Sammobile since they only carry official Samsung firmware for download, even if they aren't officially affiliated to the company.

Last edited:

Misculatus

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Sammobile firmware 11104523 for Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) is broken

It's a zip file, it cannnot be server-related. It's broken as in conceptual-incompatible, though it is for 930F.
By the way, sammobile hosts OFFICIAL Samsung firmware updates.
Where I come from, my carrier releases OTA updates once a year. Just out of curiosity, what is your 8-digit firmware version release and what date?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sammobile hosts official firmware, but they don't get it straight from Samsung servers. They are a fan site. Meaning they got it after Samsung already released it. I get updates for my country/carrier faster than Sammobile can upload my country's version. So it's not really the best way to get from Sammobile unless for some reason you actually need the file.

Also, you should be getting the one specifically made or compatible for your device's baseband version. Even if it's both the same model, if the baseband is different, it won't work. I think that's the problem your seeing.

It's the July version. My carrier is usually a month behind. Firmware for the dual sim version.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
They have just relaslesed 11528205 - 9 august for my Carrier:)
I'll just try this one.
(Of course, it's not on the OTA)

If it's released for your carrier, it should be kn the OTA or PC download and install via Smartswitch. Of course depending on what you have done with the phone, OTA might have been disabled.