I for some reason can only upload videos under 10 seconds to instagram. I have clear the cache and data, unistalled and reinstalled, restarted the device, recorded in the lowest bit quality and picture quality I could, compressed it, used apps to try to upload it, have set all permissions to accept in the settings. NOTHING seems to fix it. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7, i have looked over countless forums and nothing seems to fix this issue.
    04-15-2018 12:58 PM
    Using the Instagram app. or going to Instagram with a web browser? If it works with the browser, but not the app, contact Instagram at android-support@instagram.com
    Laura Knotek and SpookDroid like this.
    04-15-2018 05:51 PM
    I for some reason can only upload videos under 10 seconds to instagram. I have clear the cache and data, unistalled and reinstalled, restarted the device, recorded in the lowest bit quality and picture quality I could, compressed it, used apps to try to upload it, have set all permissions to accept in the settings. NOTHING seems to fix it. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7, i have looked over countless forums and nothing seems to fix this issue.
    Good lord thank god I'm not the only one with this problem.
    This started happening to me about 2 weeks ago and the only recourse
    I had was to post it from a friends iPhone. I have a samsung galaxy s8 and
    I can't get this to work either, it is driving me in-freaking-sane!

It gets even more weird as I was able to post my minute long video but from a brand new account, maybe our accounts are being restricted. If so I wish instagram at least
    TOLD us why. I rarely ever post licensed music on my page, I did it once
    and there was no issue.
    04-15-2018 09:35 PM
    Using the Instagram app. or going to Instagram with a web browser? If it works with the browser, but not the app, contact Instagram at android-support@instagram.com
    the web browser doesn't allow for videos unfortunately, that would be helpful tho if it did.
    04-15-2018 09:42 PM
    I for some reason can only upload videos under 10 seconds to instagram. I have clear the cache and data, unistalled and reinstalled, restarted the device, recorded in the lowest bit quality and picture quality I could, compressed it under 4 mb, used apps to try to upload it, have set all permissions to accept in the settings. NOTHING seems to fix it. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7, i have looked over countless forums and nothing seems to fix this issue. Will continue to spam this until someone actually gives me an answer or a fix.
    04-19-2018 12:24 PM
    Let's try a few things (and I hope you don't mind I ask a mod to move your thread to the S7 forum as that would probably help more).
    1) Log into someone else's account. Does it have the same issue? If not, then it's a problem with your account and something that should be fixed on the Instagram side.
    2) Copy any video from your phone into someone else's and have them try to upload it (preferrably with your account, but if the above failed for both accounts, that shouldn't matter). Do they have the same issue?
    3) Do you get any kind of error when trying to upload the video?
    04-19-2018 01:06 PM
    So i made another account, it is just the account. I've tried contacting Instagram in multiple different avenues and no response. Maybe ill contact the attorney general or start a fire on one of their reddit threads to get them to answer. Any advice as to why this would happen to just one account?
    04-19-2018 05:48 PM
    So i made another account, it is just the account. I've tried contacting Instagram in multiple different avenues and no response. Maybe ill contact the attorney general or start a fire on one of their reddit threads to get them to answer. Any advice as to why this would happen to just one account?
    Unfortunately that's for Instagram to tell. I've no idea why they would limit your account to 10s videos. Try connecting to a different phone with your account, maybe?
    04-19-2018 06:07 PM
    I highly doubt the Attorney General is going to care about your Instagram account not functioning right. Just saying....
    04-19-2018 06:28 PM
    Will continue to spam this until someone actually gives me an answer or a fix.
    Why would you want to spam this site? You expect us to answer for Instagram? You've been given some answers from this site and if they don't work I suggest you contact Instagram directly.
    04-20-2018 03:12 PM