connect to xfinity 2.4 network

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, need some help.

I'm on Xfinity internet. Using the dual band modem/router with 2.4 and 5ghz. I cannot figure out how to change my phone's connection from the 5ghz to the 2.4ghz network.

I'm trying to setup some BT light bulbs and they require my phone to be on the 2.4ghz side.

My phone is running Oreo.

Thanks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Your router should have a setting to run both networks, this MAY be turned off, if both are on THEN you will see 2 networks you can connect to one will be somethingsomething 2.4 and the other somethingsomething 5.0. To connect the smart bulb, you probably need your phone to be on the 2.4 network, you SHOULD see it as one of the options to connect to, under the WiFi settings on your phone. THEN just follow the instructions that came with the bulb. Sometimes its required to turn the bulb on and off in a pattern to go in to pairing mode. Often these procedures are tricky and you must do the sequence a couple times before you get it right. Also for sure you will need to download the bulb's software to your phone.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Had to chat with Xfinity. I had to rename my networks so that I could tell them apart. All is good.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Coolio! Welcome to the world of "smart" I have 3 smart plugs and about 5 bulbs, including a multi-colored bulb in my porch light. I have it green for Christmas right now. :)

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The coolest thing is when you have Alexa or Google Home (or Homepod). As soon as I arrive home from work I say "Alexa turn on the porch light", then "Alexa turn on the couch light" And the Alexa in my living room can hear the commands from my porch through a closed door. I'm not 100% sure if I should be impressed or frightened! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty