samsung s7 keep getting downloading do not turn off target

acceptedid

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the shower earlier so water got everywhere in it, but it should be fine because it's waterproof right?

i got to 0% battery like 2 hours ago and i tried charging it, then a message came up telling me "downloading do not turn off target" with a blue background and some text in the upper left corner. i then googled it and found out i can hold volume down, the homescreen button and the power button to restart it. i did and i waited 2hours more, and i everytime i plug a charger into my phone now the same message pops up even though it's not even connected to my computer, it's 6 hours ago since i dropped it in the shower so you would think it was dry enough for me to be able to charge it by now. did the water possibly destroy anything?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the shower earlier so water got everywhere in it, but it should be fine because it's waterproof right?
No, it's water-resistant. Don't fall for the YouTube hype. NEVER have a phone in the bathroom when you're taking a shower. The humid air is air and the phone isn't air-resistant. When the phone cools down later, the moisture condenses out of the air and you have - a water-damaged phone.

i got to 0% battery like 2 hours ago
NEVER allow the battery to drop below 40% - unless you like paying for battery replacements.

and i tried charging it, then a message came up telling me "downloading do not turn off target" with a blue background and some text in the upper left corner.
So first you wet the phone, then you electrocuted it. And ist still turns on? Amazing.

But it's in download mode.

i then googled it and found out i can hold volume down, the homescreen button and the power button to restart it.
Wrong. That's how to get it into download mode. to restart it, just hold the power button down for about 20 seconds.

i did and i waited 2hours more, and i everytime i plug a charger into my phone now the same message pops up even though it's not even connected to my computer, it's 6 hours ago since i dropped it in the shower so you would think it was dry enough for me to be able to charge it by now. did the water possibly destroy anything?
No, it's not dry. Yes, the water did damage something. Bring it in for an estimate, but be prepared to walk out without a phone when you find out that it's going to cost more to repair it than it's worth. (If you're really lucky, the screen is still good, So is the battery. But the whole motherboard has to go. If you're in the US, try UBreakIFix, otherwise find a repair shop with a good reputation.

Then read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!, so you know what to do next time (but keeping the phone out of the bathroom is the first thing).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty