iOttie Wireless Car Charging Mount

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Anyone have issues with this and the s8? I purchased this and it won't charge my s8 with no case... I've moved it all around and used a known good charging cord/cig lighter adapter...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried it at a store and it did charge, but didn't really 'use' it (and don't know how it was being powered at the store, so not sure if that makes a difference). Does it work with other phones? Or does your phone work with other wireless chargers?

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
My phone works with other wireless chargers.

I tried it with the power adaptor that came with it , it won't charge. I used a known good power adapter, still won't charge.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have no real charging issues with mine. the phone seems to draw more from the unit than the s7 did and it sometimes in direct sunlight, overheats and slows down. I also found that the factory lighter adapter is noisy as heck. I have a different charger that had worked great until recently. the other charger works for a while and miss reads the phone or charging unit as not needing anymore power.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
update, I have purchased a Samsung charger and it works great with it. one issue I have is that my truck's heat is rather effective and causes the phone and charger to get hot enough to pause the charge after a while. I moved it away from the vent and it helps. I wish it had a fan in it