So article has rumored price for S8 at $700-750, $850 for S8 Plus

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Which is why I want to buy the absolute best phone available next time out. I'll be keeping it a while.

The days of phone jumping are over for me.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Support for expensive flagship devices should extend well beyond 2 years. Google has dropped some hints at a $200-$300 device coming later this year under the Android One program with guaranteed updates for 2 years.
That is something I expect from a mid range device.

Now if I'm going to pay flagship prices ($600+IMO), I would like to see a commitment of 3.5+ years of guaranteed updates. People who take a modest payment plan typically finish in 18-24 months, and for the device to be near its end of receiving OS updates is silly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Support for expensive flagship devices should extend well beyond 2 years. Google has dropped some hints at a $200-$300 device coming later this year under the Android One program with guaranteed updates for 2 years.
That is something I expect from a mid range device.

Now if I'm going to pay flagship prices ($600+IMO), I would like to see a commitment of 3.5+ years of guaranteed updates. People who take a modest payment plan typically finish in 18-24 months, and for the device to be near its end of receiving OS updates is silly.

Yes. And Apple and Google do that.

If that's important to you, buy phones they make.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
So article has rumored price for S8 at $700-750, $850 for S8 Plus. I'm guessing the Note 8 will be $950.
Man these phones are getting more and more expensive but not sure if worth it.
Honestly if I weren't able to buy these phones at subsidized pricing through my company I wouldn't.

Longtime industry insider shares all there is to know about Samsung’s Galaxy S8 – BGR

Im completely with you donm. Phones are becoming rather expensive. (at least the flagships ones are). As a family we actually made a decision just a few days ago that we would no longer be getting the 'newest' galaxy devices and would always be 1 or even 2 years behind. So when the S8 launches, we will purchased the S7 or S6 (hopefully on a special).

Sure we won't be getting the latest and greatest, but it will still be a fantastic phone and for a cheaper price. Also, no more up front payments. Will also be taking out a contract for a subsidised rate.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
So are both S8 coming with Edge screens? The later price seems to be the S8 Edge and the $700-$750 a standard S8 with no Edge. I'm confused 😕

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
From all the rumors, it sounds like the entire S8 line will have Edge screens a la Note 7. Hence, the S8 Plus name designation and not Edge.

So are both S8 coming with Edge screens? The later price seems to be the S8 Edge and the $700-$750 a standard S8 with no Edge. I'm confused ??????

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
From all the rumors, it sounds like the entire S8 line will have Edge screens a la Note 7. Hence, the S8 Plus name designation and not Edge.

So are both S8 coming with Edge screens? The later price seems to be the S8 Edge and the $700-$750 a standard S8 with no Edge. I'm confused 😕

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

Thanks. I'm hoping. A 5'7 screen is big enough for me. If it's anything like my Note 7 it will fit me just fine. I don't need a 6'2 screen. As long it has some or most of the features between the S7 Edge and Note7 I'll be happy.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I want to buy the absolute best phone available next time out. I'll be keeping it a while.

I say this every year. Unfortunately I don't have your resolve. I'll probably upgrade to the S8 and then the Note 8 before the year is over lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I say this every year. Unfortunately I don't have your resolve. I'll probably upgrade to the S8 and then the Note 8 before the year is over lol.

Nothing wrong with that. I use to do it. Now phones are so good though, that I get attached to my phone and set up, and it's harder to let go for something else.

I do love that whole process of receiving a new phone though. If your a tech nerd there's nothing better.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. I use to do it. Now phones are so good though, that I get attached to my phone and set up, and it's harder to let go for something else.

I do love that whole process of receiving a new phone though. If your a tech nerd there's nothing better.
Yeah, they really are getting good. Honestly, This S7 edge does everything I want it to. This is probably the first phone I've had that I wasn't itching to upgrade. I love this phone.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I get what you are saying...but that new phone feeling lasts for a few weeks at best and I'm not sure if spending $850 or equivalent in other currencies every year or even every other year is justified for that...we are becoming too obsessed with "latest and greatest"...It's just a Phone /Tablet / Console / Laptop / Whatever...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Same for me. It was fun and all but these high prices just make it harder -- I got other stuff I need to spend money on haha.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
The prices of smartphones these days is getting out of hand. My N7 was $799 and I thought that was too much. If the S8 is more than $750 maybe. But if the S8 Plus is $850 or more I'll pass I'll turn in my J7 and get the 7Edge again and hopefully it will have 7.0 at that time. From what 7.0 for the Edge is basically the N7 without the S-Pen.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Prices are getting ridiculous that's why I am keeping my phone for a long time. Phones are getting into laptop territory wow.

Soon we will see 1.000 $ as default for flagships. I ll jump to the Note 8 after the price has dropped and they have fixed the usual bugs

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The prices of smartphones these days is getting out of hand. My N7 was $799 and I thought that was too much. If the S8 is more than $750 maybe. But if the S8 Plus is $850 or more I'll pass I'll turn in my J7 and get the 7Edge again and hopefully it will have 7.0 at that time. From what 7.0 for the Edge is basically the N7 without the S-Pen.
Tmobile note 7 was 849

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo