New leaked photos FINAL THOUGHTS?

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Too tall and narrow for me. I really don't like the screen ratio. I remember when I first got an iPhone 5 and it felt like I was peering out of a letterbox. That's when I moved to Android. Then there's the price!! I currently have a Samsung GS7 and have just pre-ordered a Huawei P10. Really looking forward to taking some B&W pics with the dedicated monochrome sensor.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Black S8 looks good

This time it's actually BLACK! For the longest time, it has always been a blueish black color, with some type of weird texture design. I really like that they made it true black, always looked better that way (black iPhones looked nice, though I dislike using iPhones). It also hides the sensors very well, in fact you can't see it at all! Kinda looks like the black iPhone 7 (ironically these photos were taken from an iPhone). Hope they keep it this way from now on. Just wish they came out with a flat screen version of the S8.

Attachments

• Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-30.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-30.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-31.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-31.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-32.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-32.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-33.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-33.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-34.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-34.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-35.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-35.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-36.jpg
    Galaxy-S8-real-life-leak-36.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 41

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You dont want a taller phone. But you want a bigger battery for longer battery life.
Exactly how would you think that is possible ?
Um that's kinda simple. A thicker phone would obviously have space for a bigger battery. That's what people on tech blogs and forums say a lot. Just make the phone thicker. You don't ever hear, make the phone taller so I can get a bigger battery lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Um that's kinda simple. A thicker phone would obviously have space for a bigger battery. That's what people on tech blogs and forums say a lot. Just make the phone thicker. You don't ever hear, make the phone taller so I can get a bigger battery lol.
Also people would complain if it's too thick.. it's a no win situation :p.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Also people would complain if it's too thick.. it's a no win situation :p.
Yeah, but cardboard was acting like taller phones is how you make batteries bigger. Until now, phones haven't been made taller just to fit a bigger battery. That really made no sense.

Also, you hear a lot of people on the forums and such saying add a mm and get a bigger battery in the phone. Yeah if you make it too thick people will complain, but adding a mm probably wouldn't cause an uproar. What will probably happen is this year will not have the greatest battery life and then next year they'll make the battery bigger. That's what they did with the S6 and S7.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nobody knows what the S8 will be like.. The phone hasn't been released.
But look at the size of the S7 last year. How big the battery was.
Then look at the S7E and the note 7.
And how much bigger the battery was.
I liked the note 7.
Would of been better if it had a flat screen oh.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows what the S8 will be like.. The phone hasn't been released.
But look at the size of the S7 last year. How big the battery was.
Then look at the S7E and the note 7.
And how much bigger the battery was.
I liked the note 7.
Would of been better if it had a flat screen oh.

S6 dimensions 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm
S7 dimensions 142.4 X 69.6 X 7.9 mm
S7 edge dimensions 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm
S7 active dimensions 148.8 x 75.0 x 9.9 mm

Battery in the S6 was 2550mah, the one in the S7 was 3000mah, S7 edge 3600mah, S7 active 4000mah. And yes the S7 edge was taller and had a bigger battery but the device was bigger because of the screen. S7 active has the biggest battery of them all and look at how thick it is. They didn't say hey let's make the device taller for a bigger battery. And you're right, no one knows what the battery life will be like, but I doubt it will be spectacular and it definitely won't be better than if it had say a 4000 mah battery. I mean I think it be comparable to the S7, but I don't think it'll be way better. I'll be buying it anyway, but I just have a feeling next year they'll have battery life as their reason to upgrade. I loved my S6 edge but couldn't wait to upgrade because the battery life sucked.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How many St7 actives did they sell compared to the S7 and S7E ?

I remember now my audiologists said she got a S7 active and was complaining about the battery life.

You need to complain to Samsung like I did.
The people making the phone don't care evidently.

Just like me complaining about not being able to remove apps like Samsung Pay.
And I don't like the curved screen

Samsung don't care.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Bet the battery was smaller in the edge cause of the curved screen.
The note 7 had the stylUS, so space for a larger battery was lost there.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Bet the battery was smaller in the edge cause of the curved screen.
The note 7 had the stylUS, so space for a larger battery was lost there.
I don't think so. Because if you compare The S6 and S6 edge, the battery was bigger in the edge version even though they were about the same size. The curved screen allowed them to fit an extra 50mah. I agree about the Note 7, the pen is what did that to it.

rogers3712

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I preferred the look of the Note 7. This is cool and all, I'm impressed that they can do bezeless displays, but I'm unsure about the look of it and concerned about how practical it will be when it comes to handling my phone.