GS8 vs LG G6

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking at the LG G6 for the past 2 weeks. I'm very much interested since the phone has no curve screen. Bit the curve on the Note 7 was perfect. The LG G6 does however look like the Note 4 same style except the back isnt removable. I do like the 49" LG TV deal. I wish Samsung did a deal like this instead of Free Vr. I have 2 Vrs at home I dont use. Does anyone feel the LG G6 will be good enough to pass on the G8

tigerhoodz06

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gs8 vs lg g6

I think my decision is going to depend on lot on what extra (sometimes gimmicky) features samsung is going to put in the s8, and which google features they'll try to replace with there own version. I'm liking the new aspect ratio of both and the G6 is sounding like a solid phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Is there any more information about LG pay and Status that's currently in? I think it's supposed to be a major Contender to Samsung pay when it finally rolls out

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone feel the LG G6 will be good enough to pass on the G8

Thats always a tough question to answer.

The Snapdragon 821 is a tried and tested processor and the overall feeling is that its very well made and looks like one of Snapdragon's best. That being said, based on leaks, the 835 will obviously have more power and perform a little better. So if you want the latest and greatest then maybe the S8 is for you :)

The S8 obviously has Samsung Pay which is a really nice feature to have but I think it also comes down to brand preference. Some really love LG and wouldn't want to move. I think if you got the G6 you will be a happy customer but Samsung does off a couple key Software features that could saw some people. :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I have been looking at the LG G6 for the past 2 weeks. I'm very much interested since the phone has no curve screen. Bit the curve on the Note 7 was perfect. The LG G6 does however look like the Note 4 same style except the back isnt removable. I do like the 49" LG TV deal. I wish Samsung did a deal like this instead of Free Vr. I have 2 Vrs at home I dont use. Does anyone feel the LG G6 will be good enough to pass on the G8

First of all, we don't know what Samsung Promotions will be out once the phone is released.
Secondly, I don't know how companies can just throw in a $400 TV with a $650 phone.
T-mobile probably doesn't offer this because people can get the TV, then jump to another phone in a month.
Is the TV 4K? If not, I could possibly see this working out for LG, while getting rid of old TV inventory at the same time.
Who buys 1080p when 4K are the same price now?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I don't see what the big deal is with waiting another week until both phone are live, and then comparing them head to head and making an informed decision. The G6 isn't going anywhere, and it seems silly to make such an expensive decision based on leaks and speculation.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I don't see what the big deal is with waiting another week until both phone are live, and then comparing them head to head and making an informed decision. The G6 isn't going anywhere, and it seems silly to make such an expensive decision based on leaks and speculation.

true. The Samsung and LGs are not iPhones where they go on back order for a couple months.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

G6 for me. I've never even owned an LG phone, but after the Note 7 debacle I don't like Samsung anymore. That's not he main reason for my decision, however: I hate the fact that I can't put a tempered glass screen protector on the S8 and that's a big no-no for an 800$ handset. Spigen is already selling the Glass.Tr for the G6 - that's good enough for me. As for the processor: don't care at all. Every G6 review I've seen so far says that it runs buttery smooth.

Binkiez

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Although not a deal breaker, the G6 doesn't have a notification LED. For such a small thing, I find it super useful.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Although not a deal breaker, the G6 doesn't have a notification LED. For such a small thing, I find it super useful.

It has an always on display though to show notifications. The V20 also doesn't have a light. From what I hear the G6 AOD is better than the Note 7/ S& Android 7.0 AOD

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

For the videos and the leaks, looks like the S8 will be very similar in a lot of ways to the G6, but with a better CPU and a couple of nice tweaks in the OS department, but not so much different.

A nice thing is I hear that the S8 will be way more pricey than the G6, so if money is a problem...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

For the videos and the leaks, looks like the S8 will be very similar in a lot of ways to the G6, but with a better CPU and a couple of nice tweaks in the OS department, but not so much different.

A nice thing is I hear that the S8 will be way more pricey than the G6, so if money is a problem...
In this case money isn't a problem for me it's more is it really worth the price tag.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My wife and I need phones (i need one more than her). I have been a Sammy user for the past 6 years. Note 2, SGS4, Note 4, SGS6A, and was going to get the Note 7 (but we know how that turned out). I was all in on the Pixel XL until no stock ever exists and when I saw the 49"TV and Google Home deal, well it was too good to pass up. Plus the G6 is likely to be $100+ cheaper than S8 and was $200+ cheaper than the Pixel. With that said I plan on using it for a few months and if its not great, my wife will be happy to have it and then I will either go back to the S8 OR will wait for that Pixel 2. But from all AC reports, that LG G6 is legit.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I plan on getting the S8 or S8+. I saw a sample video with the G6 and it looked glitchy when it came to zooming most likely due to the dual lens.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

My wife and I need phones (i need one more than her). I have been a Sammy user for the past 6 years. Note 2, SGS4, Note 4, SGS6A, and was going to get the Note 7 (but we know how that turned out). I was all in on the Pixel XL until no stock ever exists and when I saw the 49"TV and Google Home deal, well it was too good to pass up. Plus the G6 is likely to be $100+ cheaper than S8 and was $200+ cheaper than the Pixel. With that said I plan on using it for a few months and if its not great, my wife will be happy to have it and then I will either go back to the S8 OR will wait for that Pixel 2. But from all AC reports, that LG G6 is legit.

I have the V20 and I will say it seems to run smoother and quicker than the S7 Edge I have. Also typing on it is much easier especially sending a text message is much easier on the V20.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I too am a huge fan of the notification led! I work a few ft away from my phone but can see the front of it. So whatever the color blinks I know what kind of notification it is then check it on my watch. It's a big part of my decision and I wish more phones would offer it

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

What are your thoughts between the cameras between the S7 Edge and V20 since I expect the V camera to be close to G6?

I have the V20 and I will say it seems to run smoother and quicker than the S7 Edge I have. Also typing on it is much easier especially sending a text message is much easier on the V20.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I've ordered a v20 T-Mobile is having a sale on them. I still have my 7edge which I plan to keep for jumping to my next flagship. V20 to arrive by Thursday, possibly tomorrow