UK S8+ Pre-Orders

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I thought I would start a thread to keep track of UK orders of the S8+ I just hope this order goes more smoothly than the Note 7 disaster.

I have just Pre-Ordered the S8+ and LED case

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, from the Samsung site. You going to pre-order?

Yeah I plan to. Just not sure if i go via contract or sim free. I'm on all apple products right now but want a bigger screen certainly when the iphone 8 is rumoured to have only 5.1 usable screen.

the £779 is cheaper than i expected

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the black + direct from Samsung. I learnt my lesson from last year and have ordered the stand case/cover separately as that delayed my S7 edge by about 3 weeks.

Anyone physically seen one yet? I'm going to take a look in the local currys/carphone this weekend.

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the black + direct from Samsung. I learnt my lesson from last year and have ordered the stand case/cover separately as that delayed my S7 edge by about 3 weeks.

Anyone physically seen one yet? I'm going to take a look in the local currys/carphone this weekend.

This is what I'm worried about, my phone getting delayed because I have ordered a case with the phone... I do hope this is not the case... excuse the pun.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
So I had a look at the S8 and the + today, both very nice. One major difference is the curve of the screen, compared to the s7e it's almost unnoticeable. I was happily surprised by that. Even with video playback it looks a lot better through the curved sides than the s7e.

Size wise I'm happy with the + version after seeing it in person, feels very nice to hold and I'm pretty sure the fingerprint sensor will be ok once I've adjusted to it now that I've had a chance to physically try it. It's basically where the flash is on the s7e.

They had a black and a grey one, the grey is almost purple, very interesting colour but I'm happy with black.

The phones i saw had about 18gb used space already but they were in store demo mode with quite a few apps/videos/pictures.

If anyone wants to take a look I think they're in most carphone or currys stores.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
This is what I'm worried about, my phone getting delayed because I have ordered a case with the phone... I do hope this is not the case... excuse the pun.
Yeah, i saw the release date said 28th and instantly decided against it. Hopefully it will be different and they have stock to send out early too.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I ordered both on the Samsung Upgrade programme. I already have a s7 edge on the upgrade programme so will be sending that back for my s8+. I have also ordered the s8 to replace my s7 which I will sell for about £213. So I will see which one comes first or whether I get them both on the same day.

LardJustice

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know if all S8 orders ship with GearVR, Google seems to indicate they may , however see no mention of this on any preorder sites (UK), only the speaker thing through a few retailers.

I have ordered through Samsung direct, so guessing will find out in a few weeks....

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I doubt it because it doesn't say it on the order page or the email which is disappointing because I would have happily paid the extra 99 £/$ for the over ear headphones and the 256gb sd card that's offered in America. Kinda seems like we've been left out.
The only extra carphone is offering is the speaker.

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I've pre-ordered the black through Samsung. I did have my note 7 direct through Samsung and overall was pleased with how they handled my personal case. So I'm extremely excited to get my S8+. My s7 edge just never lived up to the note 7. I'll keep it as a spare probably.

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, i woke up this morning and found out the money I had ready to go out in my pending transactions for the phone had disappeared from my account... anyone else had this happen?

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I went with the upgrade program and my deposit/first payment was processed the next day. I just assumed that was normal because it's a monthly contract.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah going to look in Currys today to take a look to see S8 plus myself

SinWithAGrin86

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Anyone had their order status changed? Mine still says main status not processed and remaining to be shipped with pre-order now on phone status.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non