T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the original grandfather JOD plan. Not planning on changing any time soon. How many jumps do we get in one year? 2or 3? I read somewhere in these forums that we JOD has 3 jumps a year. I thought that's not right we get 2...right?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the original grandfather JOD plan. Not planning on changing any time soon. How many jumps do we get in one year? 2or 3? I read somewhere in these forums that we JOD has 3 jumps a year. I thought that's not right we get 2...right?
3 jumps per 12 month period dating from your first jump

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe there is such a thing as a grandfathered JOD plan. You either have JUMP! or JOD. The terms can change at any time. There are 3 jumps per 12 months. However, they are making it more expensive to do the 3 jumps per year because they are not honoring the zero down anymore. Which, I am sure, is their end game. Sounds a lot like Verizon, yes? ;)
My point with one of the reps on Twitter was that they could consider "allowing" no down payment on accounts with good standing or honor the terms at which you signed onto JOD. But, they don't.

Once I get onto the Note8, I will be back on the yearly upgrade cycle as I was before the Note7 debacle.
At least that way, they can only get me once a year.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't believe there is such a thing as a grandfathered JOD plan. You either have JUMP! or JOD. The terms can change at any time. There are 3 jumps per 12 months. However, they are making it more expensive to do the 3 jumps per year because they are not honoring the zero down anymore. Which, I am sure, is their end game. Sounds a lot like Verizon, yes? ;)
My point with one of the reps on Twitter was that they could consider "allowing" no down payment on accounts with good standing or honor the terms at which you signed onto JOD. But, they don't.

Once I get onto the Note8, I will be back on the yearly upgrade cycle as I was before the Note7 debacle.
At least that way, they can only get me once a year.

I mean I have the "original JOD" plan after they initially launched it way back when. I was told a few years ago they don't offer that anymore. That is why I will never change my plan. My wife has the other "jump" where is only every 12 months. Which I don't like that.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I mean I have the "original JOD" plan after they initially launched it way back when. I was told a few years ago they don't offer that anymore. That is why I will never change my plan. My wife has the other "jump" where is only every 12 months. Which I don't like that.
It's just JOD. Nothing has changed. This isn't Verizon... Oh wait. After promising you could walk out the door without paying a penny for your new phone, now you can only do that with some phones.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I been using JOD since the s6 and it has been working great for me getting every galaxy and the little time I had with the Note 7. If you are upset about the deposit don't get the s8+ plan and simple. He didn't say JOD would be 0 down forever so get over it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I been using JOD since the s6 and it has been working great for me getting every galaxy and the little time I had with the Note 7. If you are upset about the deposit don't get the s8+ plan and simple. He didn't say JOD would be 0 down forever so get over it.
How about you not tell people to get over it?

And if he's going to change the terms, then he should grow a pair and come and say it's changing. Oh but wait, then he can't bash other carriers for that. So he just stays silent and sneaks it in.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How about you not tell people to get over it?

And if he's going to change the terms, then he should grow a pair and come and say it's changing. Oh but wait, then he can't bash other carriers for that. So he just stays silent and sneaks it in.

I am a phone junkie....like most on these forums. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile just because of JoD.
I have 3 JoD lines and one Jump. If they keep tweaking JoD I have no problems switching back to VZW.
They have better coverage in areas i go hiking and fishing and in buildings.

Imho...they should not charge a down payment for JoD, considering as JoD customer we will be switching phones anyway. They are in essence charging us a JoD tax to use JoD.

I paid the $130 to preorder the G8 +. I will wait to see how it goes witht eh Note 8 later in the year...but if they continue along this path....I might just switch my lines to VZW. Better coverage and unlimited data and I might just buy my phones outright on VZW. It might turnout to be the same price in the long run.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a phone junkie....like most on these forums. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile just because of JoD.
I have 3 JoD lines and one Jump. If they keep tweaking JoD I have no problems switching back to VZW.
They have better coverage in areas i go hiking and fishing and in buildings.

Imho...they should not charge a down payment for JoD, considering as JoD customer we will be switching phones anyway. They are in essence charging us a JoD tax to use JoD.

I paid the $130 to preorder the G8 +. I will wait to see how it goes witht eh Note 8 later in the year...but if they continue along this path....I might just switch my lines to VZW. Better coverage and unlimited data and I might just buy my phones outright on VZW. It might turnout to be the same price in the long run.
Exactly.

I have 6 lines, 5 of them currently on JOD. But that's soon to be 4. I ordered a S8 (that was supposed to be mine until my GF claimed it) directly from Samsung. I'm going to take her phone and Jump it to another phone, and then return it before 14 days to get out of her Jump.

After she claimed that phone, I ordered a S8+ but I had no problems telling them that the down payment was just a money grab. I did luck out a little because the rep couldn't get my card to process and I had to go dig another one out of the safe to use so he gave me a $50 credit for my trouble.

Because of another large credit I just received from them for another issue, I didn't have a cell payment in March and won't have one in April either. 3 of my 5 JOD lines will be at the end of their 18 month lease, so I might take that opportunity to say See Ya to T-Mobile.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
All I'm saying is things change all the time and you have a choice to accept it and stay with it or move to something different at the end of the day it's is just a phone people. They not forcing you to get that phone or any other phone. If you don't want to pay the $130 It's plenty other options for phones out there that is 0 down payment.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
In other positive news both these phones looked great but neither wowwwed me. I still pre ordered the s8 because it's better the s7 edge and I got 3 jumps so why not but all this did was make me more anxious to see the Note 8

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with things changing if the CEO, who prides himself on bashing the other carriers all over social media, comes out and says 'we didn't want to but we can no longer offer JOD with no down payment on certain phones'. But no, he just does it and continues to bash the other carriers for going back on their promos while doing the same himself. He's a hypocrite right now and should be labeled as such.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Was so funny when people were tracking flights with great detail during the Note 7 preorder
Oh yeah.....They get fanatic about for iPhones .....Tracking flights from China that have iPhones and matching up order dates and times. It's crazy to watch :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
All I'm saying is things change all the time and you have a choice to accept it and stay with it or move to something different at the end of the day it's is just a phone people. They not forcing you to get that phone or any other phone. If you don't want to pay the $130 It's plenty other options for phones out there that is 0 down payment.

I am starting to think the S8 may be the last Samsung phone that is zero down on JOD. Phone prices continue to rise and that's the reason the terms changed.
And, it's not just a phone, it's people's hard earned money that T-Mobile is just taking a "fee" on to use JOD for its intended purposes. You don't get that back unless you want to keep that phone forever. That was not the concept on what JOD was built on. It was for people that wanted to upgrade multiple times a year to the cutting edge technology and not outright purchase their phone. Everyone understands things change over time. Just don't say "we are the uncarrier" when you do business the same exact way as everyone else.
I guess if most people are fine with being taken advantage of, they have nothing to lose in the end.:confused:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Was so funny when people were tracking flights with great detail during the Note 7 preorder

I remember that. That was a little over the top IMO. That's real hardcore.
I will not take a day off work for a phone delivery, unless it needs a signature.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was not crazy about the $130 for the S8+ for JoD, but I caved and paid it.

If this trend continues with the Note 8, I won't see an advantage to JoD.

However, T-Mobile is still pretty great, I am saving a bunch over what I used to pay to Verizon, and my coverage is great. Plus they have cool stuff like DIGITS and the SyncUp and Drive.

So if the Note 8 has a large down payment, I will bail on JoD, and just go back to buying phones and selling the used one on eBay, but I will stay on T-Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38