T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I imagine they will give you an explanation but highly doubt there will be any compensation. I have done several pre-orders with various companies over the years and this is very common, especially with highly anticipated devices with a large number of pre-orders. Honestly, what is the big deal that it gets shipped 5 days after it gets charged? Now if you didn't get it by the official launch day then I could understand being bothered by it but even then I wouldn't understand expecting some sort of compensation.
Because it is a violation of the merchant agreement to conduct business that's way. Plain and simple.

I'm not sure which companies have done the same thing to you but please list them because I'll stop doing business with them.

dixkayp87

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
In my case they did not actually CHARGE my card. It's a TEMPORARY HOLD. Which I'm sure they put in place to ensure the funds would actually be there once they do start shipping.

dixkayp87

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
All charges start out as pending and once they clear then they post.
I'm aware. But it's doesn't say pending. It says temporary hold. I purchased gas and breakfast this morning, those charges read pending. My T-Mobile upgrade specifically says temporary hold. Once I am actually charged it will moved to pending.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware. But it's doesn't say pending. It says temporary hold. I purchased gas and breakfast this morning, those charges read pending. My T-Mobile upgrade specifically says temporary hold. Once I am actually charged it will moved to pending.
Is that a debit card? I've never seen that on any credit card.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Because it is a violation of the merchant agreement to conduct business that's way. Plain and simple.

I'm not sure which companies have done the same thing to you but please list them because I'll stop doing business with them.

Samsung, Microsoft (Surface Pro 3 Pre-order), Apple (3 seperate pre-orders)... those are ones that come to mind.

Dberndt210

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Note 7 thread replay 😂

This is seriously Deja vu! I can't believe people don't understand the process yet. Next up will be tracking numbers, then people actually tracking the planes from Louisville! Crazy stuff. I want the phone as quick as possible but I also realize the tremendous undertaking that the carriers go through for pre orders that are this popular. As long as it's on or before release day it shouldn't matter. They never promised us it would be early so no need to get in an uproar over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez