T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
My S8 is still sitting in Louisville!!! Hell I can drive down there in about 5 hours and pick it up myself if they let me!!!! Get a move on T-Mobile!!!!! I don't care if anyone knows, just say you accidentally ship my out today!!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Saw this on the interwebs:

tmogalaxys8shipdate.jpg

Seems like they're planning to actually deliver to UPS on or before the 19th, next Wednesday. The release date is the 21st, so that'd make sense.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic.

I agree with this. Let's get back to the hype of the device. The huge debate on defending rights and merchant agreements being violated can go to PMs if you care to between the parties that feel like discussing it but really it isn't what people are looking for here. If you feel violated do what you got to do -- if you don't care then leave it be. Simple as that.

Now let's get back to the topic -- about the S8 and when we will get it :p.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mo usually does ship early right?

In the past they were known for it. IIRC one time the CEO said he would for sure on a phone.. It was a Samsung one.. the rest they never said anything but seemed to keep the trend going.

MACKSnare519

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my email with the tracking number. #smallfistpump

However, never got a text about shipping by the 19th that many have received. My guess is because I did the zero down for the S8 and don't have a card being charged.

Looking around, I see everyone is just as anxious and excited to receive their new devices as I am. Constantly checking T-Mobile's site for order status changes and even got the MyUPS feature set up. Lol...
5ada89feedee2520be57886ddd449d66.jpg

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got my email with the tracking number. #smallfistpump

However, never got a text about shipping by the 19th that many have received. My guess is because I did the zero down for the S8 and don't have a card being charged.

Looking around, I see everyone is just as anxious and excited to receive their new devices as I am. Constantly checking T-Mobile's site for order status changes and even got the MyUPS feature set up. Lol... //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/5ada89feedee2520be57886ddd449d66.jpg

MyUPS is awesome :)

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went into MyUps and preset my preferred UPS store pickup location. So that's a start lol. Now for the tracking# to appear. Grr

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
While I patiently wait in line for my tracking number, I wanted to say that it is a great time to be with T Mobile. Especially after that auction of the 600mhz spectrum. They won the lottery with that and in doing so we will reap the benefits. I know in my area the speeds and coverage will be insane. Better building penetration and less bottlenecks. Of course the drawback is getting it built out and having a device to use with it. While I can't wait for the S8+ to settle into my hands, next year will be huge as the S9 will probably be one of the first phones to be about to use this frequency and technology. Good times ahead for T Mobile customers!!!!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Free GearVR and accompanying remote controller offer --

i can't believe that there is no way to get to an online form page to register for this!

if you were to go to the SamsungPromotions.com page, you'll discover that it is all information-only. i.e. there is no place to go or click to arrive at an online "registration page" for you to enter your information, including IMEI, etc, to get this bundle.

may i ask if anyone else knows please? thanks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
While I patiently wait in line for my tracking number, I wanted to say that it is a great time to be with T Mobile. Especially after that auction of the 600mhz spectrum. They won the lottery with that and in doing so we will reap the benefits. I know in my area the speeds and coverage will be insane. Better building penetration and less bottlenecks. Of course the drawback is getting it built out and having a device to use with it. While I can't wait for the S8+ to settle into my hands, next year will be huge as the S9 will probably be one of the first phones to be about to use this frequency and technology. Good times ahead for T Mobile customers!!!!

I'm excited about that too. TMO currently sucks where I am and I'm hoping that helps it improve to the levels that they have in other markets.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally had my cc charged this morning and received the text yesterday saying that my card would be charged soon and shipping done on the 18th.

I'm assuming that I will receive tracking info soon as the label is created but I don't expect that it will be picked up by UPS until the 18th and I will likely receive the s8 on the 19th or, at the latest, on the 20th. That's fine with me, removes uncertainty and gives me some thing look forward to.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Got the shipped email and checked UPS tracking info and it says it is out for delivery today!!!!
Now that's interesting! This will be nice, if true, and means that I could have this as early as Monday. Not holding my breath but it would be a nice surprise.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

While I agree that the new spectrum is awesome, it probably won't be built out until 2020. And I truly hope that they maintain their competitive pricing and don't have to charge Verizon pricing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member