T-Mobile Pre-Order Question and Comment Thread

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
and like any good phone geek....swappa is on the home page!
Love it :)
That was 2nd page. This is main page
7a90f1005c86d3e729fd34fb5d863895.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I fully expect to be disappointed and have it delivered on Tuesday lol.
Don't think anyone is getting their phone delivered before 19th or 20th I think. We have been thru this ride before with Note 7 pre orders and all indication from T-Mobile shows the same. I would definitely keep expectations down and not expect it sooner.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Don't think anyone is getting their phone delivered before 19th or 20th I think. We have been thru this ride before with Note 7 pre orders and all indication from T-Mobile shows the same. I would definitely keep expectations down and not expect it sooner.

I agree. No matter who the carrier, 19th or 20th I would expect delivery. Maybe even 21st if there are weather delays.

Even samsung.com orders look to be arriving the 19th or 20th. Samsung is really tight on the release dates now.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. No matter who the carrier, 19th or 20th I would expect delivery. Maybe even 21st if there are weather delays.

Even samsung.com orders look to be arriving the 19th or 20th. Samsung is really tight on the release dates now.

I don't understand. @Blues Fan: you wrote "Samsung is really tight on the release dates now."

My question is: why?

Why does Samsung care whether a phone is shipped out 2 or 5 or 7 days earlier than the announced date? The phones have been sold, customers paid for them, UPS labels printed, so... why would Samsung care one bit?

I'd think Samsung, at this stage, would be counting sales figures around the country, the world, much more so than worrying about 3 days earlier shipping!

I can't see how it changes anything for them negatively.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. @Blues Fan: you wrote "Samsung is really tight on the release dates now."

Why does Samsung care whether a phone is shipped out 2 or 5 or 7 days earlier than the announced date? The phones have been sold, customers paid for them, UPS labels printed, so... why would Samsung care one bit?

I'd think Samsung, at this stage, would be counting sales figures around the country, the world, much more so than worrying about 3 days earlier shipping!

Someone mentioned earlier, could be they want to make sure sales and support are ready to support issues or calls. Also, they want to make sure all sales channel ships at the same time so that everyone has equal opportunity to claim the promotions. Note that promotions are limited numbers so they probably want everyone equal chance to claim. Finally, they probably want to be like Apple and trying to get a tight control on everything. We all know they obsess over Apple.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I don't get it as well. Even the youtube reviewers have only been getting them the last couple days. With LG and Apple they usually get the review models weeks in advance except for the big name tech blogs. It just makes no sense to me why they won't let the carriers and samsung.com start shipping the devices as soon as stock is in. Best Buy has had the cases for the S8 for two weeks now.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I have a feeling the phones just weren't ready until the last minute this year. After the Note 7 mess, I'm guessing extra care was taken all the way up to the last moment.

They're probably nervous as hell right now.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it as well. Even the youtube reviewers have only been getting them the last couple days. With LG and Apple they usually get the review models weeks in advance except for the big name tech blogs. It just makes no sense to me why they won't let the carriers and samsung.com start shipping the devices as soon as stock is in. Best Buy has had the cases for the S8 for two weeks now.
@Blues Fan and @bhatech:

my thought is that the only true way to exercise "control" is to control WHEN the cell providers and other vendors (i.e. Bestbuy) receive your S8/S8+!!

all other forms of contracts and promises are suboptimal compared with WHEN they actually receive the products.

as such, Samsung can ship the phones, say, to aim for arrival at the cell providers' and vendors' warehouses roughly 3-4 days prior to the day of release, that will give the cell providers and other vendors time to prepare/box/label, but not really sufficient time to release much prior to the actual release date, maybe 1-2 days earlier at most.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
@Blues Fan and @bhatech:

my thought is that the only true way to exercise "control" is to control WHEN the cell providers and other vendors (i.e. Bestbuy) receive your S8/S8+!!

all other forms of contracts and promises are suboptimal compared with WHEN they actually receive the products.

as such, Samsung can ship the phones, say, to aim for arrival at the cell providers' and vendors' warehouses roughly 3-4 days prior to the day of release, that will give the cell providers and other vendors time to prepare/box/label, but not really sufficient time to release much prior to the actual release date, maybe 1-2 days earlier at most.

Still seems silly. If you're buying a samsung phone it doesn't make much sense to order it then unless you're like me and there is only one tmobile store in my county. If I lived in St. Louis still I wouldn't pre order because I had THREE Tmobile store within 3 miles of me.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got my UPS tracking number early this morning. Says ready for UPS. Maybe it'll be picked up today..

So maybe a Mon-Wed delivery. For Thur-Fri haha.

Last edited:

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Still seems silly. If you're buying a samsung phone it doesn't make much sense to order it then unless you're like me and there is only one tmobile store in my county. If I lived in St. Louis still I wouldn't pre order because I had THREE Tmobile store within 3 miles of me.

I pre-ordered for one reason only. I wanted to make sure I got the color I wanted. With the s7e I went to the tmo store and all they had left were the rose gold. I wanted silver...but they didn't know when they would get more inventory. I waited a week and still no silver...I wanted the phone so I settled. This time I get the color I like. :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered for one reason only. I wanted to make sure I got the color I wanted. With the s7e I went to the tmo store and all they had left were the rose gold. I wanted silver...but they didn't know when they would get more inventory. I waited a week and still no silver...I wanted the phone so I settled. This time I get the color I like. :)
I'm getting Orchid gray

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No text or info from tmo. Cc was charged on Thursday but checking myups found it was registered but waiting for pickup..

Guess it will be here sometime between monday and Wednesday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez