premium Care

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You're being obtuse. Regardless, thanks for the link. I'd look at the end of page 3 and then into page 4. They exclude theft from an "unattended" vehicle. Are you supposed to hire armed guards 24/7? Corrosion is also excluded...so much for water damage. Says nothing about fire that I saw. Excludes cosmetic damage and dishonest acts, whatever that is. Theft maybe?

I think I'll keep looking.

Dishonest acts would probably be considered deliberately damaging your device to file a claim.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I usually go with squaretrade @ $89 paid up front for the year with a $99 deductible and no loss or theft coverage.

This place is $96 if you do the payment and $78 if you pay in full with a $50 deductible plus it covers loss or theft. I may have to give it a try, reading the policy documents now and need to look around for some reviews.

Thanks for the tip Tour!!

Capture.JPG

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever had to actually file a claim with these guys? Just wondering how the service/ experience was with them.
No, i haven't filed a claim so I can't help with that. In fact, I haven't done any damage to a cell phone in over 5 years that would warrant filling a claim. But it only takes once.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Dishonest acts: So don't get into a fight with your wife/husband and throw the phone. It's not covered...LOL

Capture.JPG

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I was told that doesn't matter bc the IMEI does not match the one sold to you when the system tries to process the trade in.
That's why they need to update it in the system so that it becomes the current IMEI. They may ask for proof that it was replaced under warranty/insurance but as long as everything is on the up and up, no issue.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That's why they need to update it in the system so that it becomes the current IMEI. They may ask for proof that it was replaced under warranty/insurance but as long as everything is on the up and up, no issue.

Good info there. Hopefully you get a rep that knows what they are doing, bc the one that gave me that info obviously didn't.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone going to try the new Samsung premium care with the s8? Ive had insurance on my phones for the s7e and s6e the past couple of years, but Im really interested in the deductible on samsungs plan. If its $100 for the s8 plus thats a lot better than the $200 deductible with ascurion I have through verizon.

What is Samsung Premium Care and why should Galaxy S8 owners be glad it exists?

No loss or theft coverage like with Verizon though, if that's important to you.