Samsung Premium Care worth it?

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Anyone recommend or NOT Samsung Premium Care? I have ATT and they offer an "insurance plan". I havent sat down and tried to do a comparison on best value. I haven't found great easy to digest information about Samsung Care.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
What does Samsung Premium Care entail? My Uber Visa card gives me $600 towards mobile phone insurance per claim with 2 claims max per year (this includes theft). Unless Premium Care includes something awesome, I'm not really seeing the added benefit.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally phone insurance isn't worth since I have saved so much money not paying for the insurance over the years. Generally my phone is in a case and by chance even if I break I'm ok paying few hundred dollars for repair. Even if that happens I'll always come out on top.

And yes I use my American Express which has some benefits which I can tap into if I need but I don't bank on it.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking about it but checked in and CS said you can't get it, if you didn't buy when got phone. Went with squaretrade instead

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Verizon's $6.75 plan that protects against theft and cracked screen. Cheaper than Samsung coverage and covers everything I care about.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Beware of Samsung premium care I've heard nothing but horror stories with people making claims. I've also had nothing but problems trying to enroll myself with 2 different phones. It seems like a poorly attempted joke on Samsung's part. I really wanted to try it because the deductible was so low, but I could never actually enroll even after hours of trying to get it worked out with various cs reps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali