Samsung flops again S8 S8+

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
This screen ratio is great and perfect for split screen usage. Fingerprint sensor wise, it's indeed a mis-step.

I'm not so sure. I'm using an S6 Edge+ and judging by the way I hold my phone, placing my finger where the FPS seems natural. I'm a lefty so that might help. If I'm going to whine about anything, it will be how often I hit the Bixby button.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Why are we feeding the troll? OK, fine...here's my crumb...

I worried about the aspect ratio for about 3 seconds, and then I remembered that I personally don't watch a lot of movies on my phone, so I can live with it in exchange for having the most beautiful screen - and form factor - in the world.

And there is no doubt that the FPS is unfortunate but I personally don't believe that the N8 or the iPhone 8 (or whatever they call it) will have an under the screen FPS either. The technology is there but not the production and inventory. I suspect that both the S9 and the iPhone 9 will have it.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many people use the FPS, I use mine when my watch isn't connected, but my wife and daughter both use pattern unlock.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the FPS to secure my phone, but also use smart lock with my watch, home wifi and car. So I don't have to use it that often.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Why are we feeding the troll? OK, fine...here's my crumb...

I worried about the aspect ratio for about 3 seconds, and then I remembered that I personally don't watch a lot of movies on my phone, so I can live with it in exchange for having the most beautiful screen - and form factor - in the world.

And there is no doubt that the FPS is unfortunate but I personally don't believe that the N8 or the iPhone 8 (or whatever they call it) will have an under the screen FPS either. The technology is there but not the production and inventory. I suspect that both the S9 and the iPhone 9 will have it.
Well I have spent to much money on Samsung to consider my self a troll here!
Truth be told I'm excited about this phone it will have qualities we won't find in different phones .
I plan on purchasing the unlocked version directly from Samsung.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I wonder how many people use the FPS, I use mine when my watch isn't connected, but my wife and daughter both use pattern unlock.
I use FPS for unlocking and multiple apps mostly banking so I'll just adjust to the new location

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If you really feel underwhelmed with the incremental upgrade of the s8 then try going over to the iphone ! Their upgrades between the cycles are minimal to say the least.

I really think the days of big leaps in smart phone innovation are gone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wish we had the same stuff from the S8 into the shape of the Note 7. The display is awkward IMO for handling due to the stretch and most content will either have side black bars or cropped. Pick your poison then: Smaller displayed content compared to current display ratios, or cut off the image.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Is there anything good to say about s8 plus. note 8 will have similiar specs except FPS. I say anyone thinking note will not be like s8 plus needs to do research. new info out there today. im waiting for my s8 plus and will love it. also have a case which seperates FPS from all else. i think left handed peeps may got gripes with sensor.imho
Are you willing to share a link for that case ? Thanks

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
One side note... if they let you swipe down from anywhere on the screen to get to the notifications, on the home screen, rather than reaching the very top of the screen in at least some case not an issue.

Nova launcher has that feature. Well it is programmable for any app or action, but I sent mine to open the notification shade and it is great.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you actually think that when Apple comes out with the same thing in September everyone will complain?
This will become the norm...
One of my sons-in-law is a die-hard iPhone fan. He laughed about the size when my wife and I both ended up with a Note 5. When the iPhone 6S Plus came out, he jumped (of course). When he showed it to me and went on about the features; I smiled, pulled out my phone, took the case off, and compared them. I pointed out his phone was a little larger, but had a smaller screen. He mentioned how much bigger mine was when I put it in a case. I smiled, and said I'm old and clumsy. Then I smiled again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty