04-06-2017 04:36 PM
62 123
tools
    I wonder how many people use the FPS, I use mine when my watch isn't connected, but my wife and daughter both use pattern unlock.
    So much easier to use FPS then pattern lock! At least for me.
    04-05-2017 08:33 AM
    I use the FPS to secure my phone, but also use smart lock with my watch, home wifi and car. So I don't have to use it that often.
    04-05-2017 08:39 AM
    Why are we feeding the troll? OK, fine...here's my crumb...

I worried about the aspect ratio for about 3 seconds, and then I remembered that I personally don't watch a lot of movies on my phone, so I can live with it in exchange for having the most beautiful screen - and form factor - in the world.

And there is no doubt that the FPS is unfortunate but I personally don't believe that the N8 or the iPhone 8 (or whatever they call it) will have an under the screen FPS either. The technology is there but not the production and inventory. I suspect that both the S9 and the iPhone 9 will have it.
    Well I have spent to much money on Samsung to consider my self a troll here!
    Truth be told I'm excited about this phone it will have qualities we won't find in different phones .
    I plan on purchasing the unlocked version directly from Samsung.
    04-05-2017 08:58 AM
    I wonder how many people use the FPS, I use mine when my watch isn't connected, but my wife and daughter both use pattern unlock.
    I use FPS for unlocking and multiple apps mostly banking so I'll just adjust to the new location
    04-05-2017 09:00 AM
    Will they be willing to change to retina or face unlock?
    Facial recognition software for me.....
    04-05-2017 09:07 AM
    If you really feel underwhelmed with the incremental upgrade of the s8 then try going over to the iphone ! Their upgrades between the cycles are minimal to say the least.

I really think the days of big leaps in smart phone innovation are gone.
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-05-2017 09:33 AM
    I just wish we had the same stuff from the S8 into the shape of the Note 7. The display is awkward IMO for handling due to the stretch and most content will either have side black bars or cropped. Pick your poison then: Smaller displayed content compared to current display ratios, or cut off the image.
    04-05-2017 09:40 AM
    Is there anything good to say about s8 plus. note 8 will have similiar specs except FPS. I say anyone thinking note will not be like s8 plus needs to do research. new info out there today. im waiting for my s8 plus and will love it. also have a case which seperates FPS from all else. i think left handed peeps may got gripes with sensor.imho
    Are you willing to share a link for that case ? Thanks
    04-05-2017 09:47 AM
    One side note... if they let you swipe down from anywhere on the screen to get to the notifications, on the home screen, rather than reaching the very top of the screen in at least some case not an issue.

Nova launcher has that feature. Well it is programmable for any app or action, but I sent mine to open the notification shade and it is great.
    04-05-2017 10:02 AM
    if they make it too much like the Note 8 then there would be no need for the Note 8...
    04-05-2017 10:03 AM
    Do you actually think that when Apple comes out with the same thing in September everyone will complain?
    This will become the norm...
    One of my sons-in-law is a die-hard iPhone fan. He laughed about the size when my wife and I both ended up with a Note 5. When the iPhone 6S Plus came out, he jumped (of course). When he showed it to me and went on about the features; I smiled, pulled out my phone, took the case off, and compared them. I pointed out his phone was a little larger, but had a smaller screen. He mentioned how much bigger mine was when I put it in a case. I smiled, and said I'm old and clumsy. Then I smiled again.
    04-05-2017 10:57 AM
    Will they be willing to change to retina or face unlock?
    Not sure. I'll use the FPS. I'm still doubtful of the iris scanner.
    04-05-2017 11:19 AM
    They're going to sell well, but some of the decisions are disappointing.
    04-05-2017 11:37 AM
    Curious - besides the Note 7, when did Samsung flop?
    04-05-2017 11:40 AM
    Well, I'm excited to get my S8+ and somehow I believe I am not the only one.
    04-05-2017 11:45 AM
    So we're all excited for a new Samsung phone after the failure of the N7 best phone ever.
    So lets get past the hype here!
    The phone's screen size is awkward at best , fingerprint scanner is in the wrong place!
    So as much as we want Samsung to succeed with this phone it's not going to happen ,we're all going to regret spending a grand on a phone and not holding out for the new Note 8.
    We all want the latest and greatest in the day of instant data but this isn't it!
    Sorry Samsung.
    Someone is looking for some attention...
    Lodingi likes this.
    04-05-2017 12:05 PM
    Curious - besides the Note 7, when did Samsung flop?
    Depends on if you mean flop in terms of sales or flop in terms of vocal protestation of their decisions within the nerdiest 1% of the market.
    04-05-2017 12:14 PM
    Doesn't really matter what we think. If you think it's a flop because it's not what you like that's valid. But to others they really like the offering. Everyone has different needs and ideas as to what makes a phone great.

No ones opinion on what makes a phone great should influence you on what you perceive and like. Just get whatever device suits you best.
    Yes. Yes. Yes.
    I want the S8+, so I preordered one. Other people know what they want or what fits their needs, and if it isn't the S8+, they shouldn't get one. I do not work for Samsung or a carrier, and, unless you do, why should you care who buys what?
    04-05-2017 12:47 PM
    Well, I'm excited to get my S8+ and somehow I believe I am not the only one.
    Uh huh. I have a sneaking feeling that you and I are not the only ones who counting the days until April 21 (maybe sooner!!).
    Aquila likes this.
    04-05-2017 12:50 PM
    FPS location could of been better but since I will put a thin case on it, finding the sensor will not be a problem. The edge of the case surrounding the flash, camera and FPS will help to guide me.

As to the Sceen ratio. When the original Note came out all the naysayers were complaining about the large screen size and that it would be a failure. They were sure proven right!!!
    04-05-2017 01:05 PM
    04-05-2017 01:27 PM
    Uh huh. I have a sneaking feeling that you and I are not the only ones who counting the days until April 21 (maybe sooner!!).
    I included
    keno101 likes this.
    04-05-2017 01:34 PM
    There is a lot of ballyhoo here about the S8s. I agree with you that they're awkward. The FPS is in a terrible position. Even Samsung thinks so because they have a warning message for you to clean off the camera lens every time the camera app is opened. I like that it has SD 835, an amazing display, and expandable storage with 64GB onboard, but the huge screen sizes + the smaller batteries have me terribly concerned.
    04-05-2017 01:59 PM
    I don't know about the rest of you...but considering I'm upgrading from to S5....anything I get...whether its the S8/+ Note 8 or even the S9.....would be far superior than what I have now haha
    Aquila likes this.
    04-05-2017 02:41 PM
    I don't about the rest of you...but considering I'm upgrading from to S5....anything I get...whether its the S8/+ Note 8 or even the S9.....would be far superior than what I have now haha
    Good point
    04-05-2017 02:42 PM
62 123