Note 8 gets leaked... Still want the S8/S8+?

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

With a rumored 6.32" 4K display, integrated fingerprint scanner in the screen, stylus, and a possible release date of August 2017, will you still be canceling that S8/S8+ preorder?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope some of this is true. However, this video is all rumors. Someone reporting on an image that someone put out there. How many times have we seen leaks of 'actual "pictures that look nothing like the final product. In this age where so many people can create great looking professional mockups, I need to see someone holding one in their hand before I believe anything.
That being said, not canceling pre-order due to JOD. August or September works for me as well.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...and weren't all the early rumors/leaks on the S8 saying it was going to have a 4K screen as well?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope some of this is true. However, this video is all rumors. Someone reporting on an image that someone put out there. How many times have we seen leaks of 'actual "pictures that look nothing like the final product. In this age where so many people can create great looking professional mockups, I need to see someone holding one in their hand before I believe anything.
That being said, not canceling pre-order due to JOD. August or September works for me as well.

Sames here....JoD from the S8+ to the Note 8 in August/Sept works just fine....

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I don't have JOD but if the Note really has all the stuff rumored in the video, I'll consider selling my S8+ and getting the Note. The big variable for me is screen size. If it's only 6.3" and same 18.5:9 aspect ratio, ehh, I'll pass. The screen needs to be Note-icibly bigger for me to make the jump. 4K is nice for VR, but otherwise meh. I sincerely doubt the Note 8 will have a 4K display.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much always been a Note user and typically only upgrade once a year for the next Note. Went to the S7 Edge from the Note 7 and wanted out of it as soon as possible so I ordered the S8+, I'm on T-Mobile JOD so I will jump again to the Note 8 when it becomes available and plan on sticking with Notes from then on.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Bird in the hand and all that. I went for the Note 7 last year (was my first android phone) really loved that phone. Excited to get the S8+. Maybe later if the note 8 looks really good maybe I will switch. Maybe

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Internet seems convinced that's not the Note 8. And either way, it's still 5-6 months out right?
Hopefully, 5 months max. Wishful hoping.

I think Samsung has to be aware that they can't go much (if any) taller with their phones. If they just make it like 6-7 mm wider than the S8+ and keep the same height, I think that would be perfect.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I think Samsung has to be aware that they can't go much (if any) taller with their phones. If they just make it like 6-7 mm wider than the S8+ and keep the same height, I think that would be perfect.
That'd be awesome

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 will probably rock, have 128gb internal, 6GB ram and 4K scalable display for Gear VR, but that looks like the 8+ with a pin by it. Fake!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I take the photo with a grain of salt. But I'm still getting the S8...and then the Note 8 when it arrives.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a strong feeling the Samsung will delay the note8 because they're waiting on Synaptics for the fingerprint scanner under the display. Plus the s8 was pushed back a couple months. I don't see the note8 being released until November at the earliest.

By the time the note8 is revealed, I'll sell my s8+ on ebay and then pay off the rest of my bill. That's IF the battery is a lot bigger.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

I really hope this is what they do with the Note 8.