Best Buy Pre-Orders

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
If you ordered in time and were quoted on the release date I wouldn't worry. The forums get hectic around this time and everyone freaks out if they don't see it moving early. If it becomes Thursday and nothing that is when I would raise the eyebrow and question if it will make it but not today :p.

I ordered on the 30th and selected in store since I will be in a different state! So really need it to be available for pick up Friday in that state!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I would much rather get all crazy and yell on a forum than be calm and believe I will get my phone in time...hahaha

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email from Best Buy. I knew it couldn't be that my phone is ready, but there was that tiny glimmer of hope. Upon opening, it was the $100 off coupon for the pre-order of the S8+. Strange, I thought it would just all be included and tied into my account when I went in to activate and pick up. It's a scannable coupon with instructions "must print to redeem in store"

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email from Best Buy. I knew it couldn't be that my phone is ready, but there was that tiny glimmer of hope. Upon opening, it was the $100 off coupon for the pre-order of the S8+. Strange, I thought it would just all be included and tied into my account when I went in to activate and pick up. It's a scannable coupon with instructions "must print to redeem in store"

Are you purchasing outright, or making payments to Verizon?

Also - In Store purchase, or Online purchase??

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just got my email for the $50 off my S8. I was unable to get to my order status either through my account or guest. I am through Verizon and nothing has hit a credit card yet (I don't recall even giving them one) ordered on April 2. I may swing by the store and see if they can confirm, but I take the $50 coupon I just got as a good sign

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The email that everyone is getting is used to process the discount. Basically it's process by putting 50/100 dollar "down payment" on the installment agreement. The coupon will make it so you don't have to actually pay that. If you happen to not get one or forget it, they can print out out for the first 5 days as long as you pre-ordered before the 21st. If you try to just walk in on Day one without pre-ordering, you will not get the discount.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got my email for the $50 off my S8. I was unable to get to my order status either through my account or guest. I am through Verizon and nothing has hit a credit card yet (I don't recall even giving them one) ordered on April 2. I may swing by the store and see if they can confirm, but I take the $50 coupon I just got as a good sign

If you preordered in store for Verizon, all payment will be made in store. Nothing will be charged before hand. (You'd just pay sales tax in store anyways)

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
That generally wont change until the day before release. They might have the inventory already, but the system doesn't process the "pick slips" until a day before normally. At that point you should get an email that says "Your order will be ready for pickup on April 21st"

I get that for pickups but its a little concerning for deliveries

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site

In store preorders will not go the credit card all until you actually go In to pick the phone up.

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Can I do a trade in after the fact? I already ordered and would want to maybe within less than 7 days trade in the S7 for credit on my order.

Yes you can trade in at anytime. If you are doing the promo trade in discount for verizon (to make the monthly cost cheaper), you have to do it within 14 days

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The email that everyone is getting is used to process the discount. Basically it's process by putting 50/100 dollar "down payment" on the installment agreement. The coupon will make it so you don't have to actually pay that. If you happen to not get one or forget it, they can print out out for the first 5 days as long as you pre-ordered before the 21st. If you try to just walk in on Day one without pre-ordering, you will not get the discount.

That's correct. So don't lose your coupons :)

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I get that for pickups but its a little concerning for deliveries

Yup, the one I quoted was the picture of a pick up order.

I'd expect deliveries to ship shortly. They should definitely arrive by Friday as long as there aren't unexpected delays in transit (storms, misroutes or whatever)

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
awesome, thanks, someone else mentioned how valuable you would be to this thread and they were right.
It is reassuring to hear from someone in the know. This is my first bleeding edge phone I am typically more cautious, now I am getting antsy. I will probably be one of those nuts waiting for the store to open Friday (assuming I get the pick up email)

Jdhumpf

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Yup, the one I quoted was the picture of a pick up order.

I'd expect deliveries to ship shortly. They should definitely arrive by Friday as long as there aren't unexpected delays in transit (storms, misroutes or whatever)

Some people have their phones already. Come on big blue! Restore my faith! I am a Samsung Fanboy (To put it best), and Best Buy should be the first place to have anything Samsung! With the experience table and all....

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Some people have their phones already. Come on big blue! Restore my faith! I am a Samsung Fanboy (To put it best), and Best Buy should be the first place to have anything Samsung! With the experience table and all....

To be honest, if you want your device BEFORE launch, Best Buy isn't the best choice. Carriers break street dates with shipping more than Best Buy does. Best Buy just normally has better deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non