Best Buy Pre-Orders

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Did u preorder in-store or online?

I think my long story is earlier in this thread, but end result is this was done in store. Doesn't matter if they activate it or I do, as long as it's not a long wait.

Not going to try for tonight unless there's overwhelming success stories. I'm out of work early tomorrow so I can wait one more day.

The receipt shows my wife's name (she's the account owner), but I manage the accounts so I was told there won't be a problem (I'm authorized), and I don't expect one, but you never know.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So if we got the email ready for pick up, would we be able to get them since technically the order was charged 2 days ago? I received an email for my return and email with the finance agreement too.

Thats whats up in the air. I haven't read that anyone that received the "Your Order Is Ready For Pickup Today" Actually was able to pick up their phone yet. However, it's still very early as well.

What I'm trying to decipher is that the members that's getting ""Your Order Is Ready For Pickup Today" if they are In-Store Preorders or Online Preorders?

What I'm leaning towards is that MAYBE Online Preorders may be able to get picked up today versus in-store preorders. That's just my guess though...lol

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Thats whats up in the air. I haven't read that anyone that received the "Your Order Is Ready For Pickup Today" Actually was able to pick up their phone yet. However, it's still very early as well.

What I'm trying to decipher is that the members that's getting ""Your Order Is Ready For Pickup Today" if they are In-Store Preorders or Online Preorders?

What I'm leaning towards is that MAYBE Online Preorders may be able to get picked up today versus in-store preorders. That's just my guess though...lol

Mine was online order with in store pick up. Email said order ready but had tomorrow's date! Was trying to call my best buy store but can't get through to an associate to ask!

Jdhumpf

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site

What gets me wondering is that the website says ready to pick up. And available March 30th.
But the email I got says tomorrow. So are they letting us get them tonight? I did in-store order.

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got my order ready email too. Same as the rest, pickup tomorrow but online says today. I ordered online, artic silver S8 plus on AT&T.
Hope we get some confirmation to pick up today.

Haggar

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
MY IN STORE STORY...

I ordered mine online for store delivery. The app notified me this morning that it was ready for pick-up so I went in.

Went to the pickup counter and the guy grabbed my phone from their stock. I began to salivate as he laid it on the counter in front to of me. Unfortunately, when he tried to process the sale his POS system beeped and wouldn't let him ring it up.

After manager intervention I left the store with an apology, a $50 gift card for my troubles and a "we'll see you tomorrow..."

certifiedkj

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
MY IN STORE STORY...

I ordered mine online for store delivery. The app notified me this morning that it was ready for pick-up so I went in.

Went to the pickup counter and the guy grabbed my phone from their stock. I began to salivate as he laid it on the counter in front to of me. Unfortunately, when he tried to process the sale his POS system beeped and wouldn't let him ring it up.

After manager intervention I left the store with an apology, a $50 gift card for my troubles and a "we'll see you tomorrow..."

Sounds like a good day to me , lol! It makes the wait easier, haha.

kdfdawg

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
just a quick question for all of you that ordered via BB for vzw. will bb honor the verizon trade in along with the 100 off for the s8+?

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I was told yes, I'm trading in my S7E for what is likely more money and definitely less effort than selling it myself. I'll sell all my cases and 2016 gear VR later for a little pocket change.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
On the website mine also said "pickup today" I just went up there and tried, the guy said ok, I need your id and cc, I thought I was gtg, but then dragon lady stepped in and blocked it, she said it doesn't matter what it says on the website, they're not allowed to release them till tomorrow.
At least I got to see them, I was worried the orchid grey was going to be girly, it's not, the fingerprint reader is going to be tough to get used to