Who's Returning there S8-S8+

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I might be but only to exchange it for another S8+....one that hopefully doesn't have a red tint.

There was something maybe on youtube about it last night that it is a possible software fix? May not have to exchange it. But they did not go into detail how to fix it for those that may the issue.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
OP here, I had pre-ordered the S8+ but canceled, purchased the S7 and the Gear S3 instead, this thread was opened early too see some objective and bias opinions on this new phone, it looks like a wonderful flagship.
And as all new phones there are always some issues

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about returning it. While it's a nice phone, for my purposes, it's not a huge improvement over the S6. And, the fingerprint thing is already driving me nuts. Not only is it in a horrible position, but it's not very accurate. Major fail.

I laughed out loud when I read this comment! Damn, what do you classify as a "huge improvement". It's an upgrade over the S7, S7 Edge and Note 7 minus the S-pen. How could it not be an upgrade over the S6, LOL.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not looking to start an opinion war, which is silly cuz you'll never find 10 ppl who agree on anything these days, but i can chime in here : )

He/she didn't say its NOT an "improvement" just not a HUGE one. You have to remember S6 Edge+ ALSO has 4GB of RAM, so opening & closing of apps is buttery smooth and the battery life is definitely "comparable" to S8+. Camera on S6 Edge+ is also stellar, (altho those Snapchat like features were GREAT : ) but the 6.9 mm feel in hand is UNLIKE any phone i have ever held. And if your a fan of the older version of Touchwiz (which i am) you find navigation, "a breeze" whereas Samsung's new "minimalistic O/S" not so much.

By no means am i saying S6 Edge + is better, obviously a phone that is almost 2 years old is NOT going to compete and WIN with a brandy new Flagship, but when i read you "laughed out loud" i had to pipe in that its reasonable to feel that there just ISN'T enough there IF u already have a GREAT phone thats running GREAT (and that's paid) off vs buying a brand new one and forking over almost 900 bucks for it....

I sent mine back this afternoon, and when i got home the cases & skin i had ordered for it were here. For about a second i was like, "awww, this would've helped cover that greasy after one second mess" (that drove me crazy in just the 2 days i owned it) and when i picked up my S6E+ to snap a pic of it (that is MORE than up to the task) i DID experience a momentary pang of "what mighta been" but after i looked at the great quality pic my S6E+ took, i'm like, "yeah, we're good here" : )

BTC20170421_162057.jpg

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had the plus but still keeping it. Going to London and Africa in 12 days and this will be my media device. Already loaded 300 movies and tv shows to the sd card.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I decided to not even pick mine up. Got a call from Target an hour or so ago and told the guy to go ahead and give it to someone else. I think I'm going to stick to mid-range phones with great battery life. I'll take a peak at the Note 8, but it would really need to be something special to justify the price.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't be returning .. but exchanging. I have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Going to best buy in an hour or so after work to start that process.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I down grated from a IPhone 7+ to the S7 and really enjoy the phone camera, screen quality overall experience and surprisingly the smaller size it's easy to carry and the screen is large enough to read easy, personally I like a flat screen.
I'm a 100% happy with my choice and for way less than 1k well maby for the N8 well see

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Taking the phone back to AT&T tomorrow for an exchange or a return.

I've been dealing with the red screen issue despite changing the RGB settings to mute red. Still, after changing the settings, a faint red line still exists at the top and bottom of the screen.

I launched the MLB app to watch a game and the colors aren't nearly as rich as they were on my S7e and there's a pink tint to the video. I reverted the RGB settings to stock and it made no difference.

At this point I'm not waiting for a software update that may or may not come. I have 10 days to return my perfectly S7e, which I was happy with. I only upgraded because my newly wed wife needed to join my plan and we took advantage of the BOGO deal.

I'm terribly disappointed with my experience and had such high expectations for the Infinity display. Perhaps I'll give the phone another try after some time passes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I wish I had the plus but still keeping it. Going to London and Africa in 12 days and this will be my media device. Already loaded 300 movies and tv shows to the sd card.

Wow, that's what I did when I went to Japan but I didn't have nearly as much movies. That's awesome!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Im boxing my S8+ up and returning it I think. The force touch home button is driving me nuts. In games like asphalt 8, when I hit the brake the stupid button kicks me out to the home screen. I also am not impressed that they force scaled some apps, such as asphalt 8, and it cuts off the screen at the bottom. Its grayed out so I cant turn the scaling off. The other thing is the finger print sensor is not good. Its easy to find but too many misreads. The iris and facial recognition dont work for crap in low light so I kind of rely on the fps. I wont say what Im going back to but I really wish they would have left the force touch home button out and put the fps below the camera by itself so it would get a better read.

The S8+ is a beautiful phone and battery life seems excellent but the level of care I have to take with it because of how delicate it feels and no good screen protector is ruining it for me. Add to that some very annoying features and I think it needs to go back.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im boxing my S8+ up and returning it I think. The force touch home button is driving me nuts. In games like asphalt 8, when I hit the brake the stupid button kicks me out to the home screen. I also am not impressed that they force scaled some apps, such as asphalt 8, and it cuts off the screen at the bottom. Its grayed out so I cant turn the scaling off. The other thing is the finger print sensor is not good. Its easy to find but too many misreads. The iris and facial recognition dont work for crap in low light so I kind of rely on the fps. I wont say what Im going back to but I really wish they would have left the force touch home button out and put the fps below the camera by itself so it would get a better read.

You can disable the home button while playing games. Swipe the onscreen button, then press the Game Control button. Then enable Hard Press Button Lock.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the 8, havent received it yet but thinking I should have order the plus. any regrets for the regular 8?

I returned the 8 for an 8+. The 8 just felt small and too narrow, even coming from an s7 edge. I was unhappy to downgrade to the s7 edge from a note, so that might have hurt too. The 8+ arrived two days later and is perfect for me.

sergysn

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, i'm with you. I believe my S6 Edge + was the greatest phone Sammy ever made, and i skipped the S7 due to that. But after the Note 7 problems and seeing how they devoted their entire company to the design of S8 Plus i had some pretty high expectations of it and got mine Wednesday. While it is a beautiful device to be sure, it didn't really give me that "wow factor" over my beautiful (& still pristine) that my S6 Edge+ does, and the new touchwiz (to me) was a real downer, wayyyyy to Google-ly & Apple-esque for my liking. The RIDICULOUS 2 tier clock (hour on top, minutes under it) on the lock screen drove me bonkers in just the day & 1/2 i owned it....

Great device that i am SURE will not disaapoint too many, but for me, since i purchase device outright, the 900+ price tag including tax just seemed like throwing away money. With my 4GB Ram S6 Edge+, i didn't notice ANY speed difference whatsoever, and battery seemed same, so i decided to just mosey off into the sunset with her & my beautiful Frontier LTE watch : )

View attachment 257505

BTC
I noticed speed about the same but battery life is much much better than my s6 edge plus.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Im boxing my S8+ up and returning it I think. The force touch home button is driving me nuts....The S8+ is a beautiful phone and battery life seems excellent but the level of care I have to take with it because of how delicate it feels and no good screen protector is ruining it for me. Add to that some very annoying features and I think it needs to go back.

Yes, i forgot to mention that was a HUGE reason for my return as well. I was wayyyyy too conscious of "handling the phone" ALL THE TIME, it really took away from the experience knowing i was always just "one wrong move" from having a REALLY bad day if i dropped & cracked it. Some may say "INSURANCE" but honestly, i have never ever had insurance and never ever dropped a phone and i ALSO have never ever had a phone i was so worried about. Would it have killed them to make the back with some material that added grip and hid fingerprints? Why does Samsung NOT understand most ppl do not want to throw an ugly case on a beautiful phone?!

And as for skins, i just don't really like the way they hide the word Samsung & make the back ONE flat design. (i know to many that prolly sounds nuts!) So, altho no doubt beautiful (for ONE minute before you touch it, anyway) i was very disappointed fit & finish of the design for everyday practical use so back she went...lol

No doubt when i can pick it up on Swappa in a years time for 400 bucks i will, @ that price i can be MUCH more forgiving of its few faults and less worried about the handling of it : )

BTC

Last edited:

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I like the finger print sensor, thought I was going to hate it. The position is good as I put my finger on it as I take the phone out of my pocket, by the time I can see the screen it's unlocked. The s8 is perfect size for this, the plus not so much. My case (Defender) makes it easier to get the fps right every time and I have yet to smudge the camera. It's much faster than the fps on the s7 edge