Make the Bixby button great again: The BixRemap app will open Google Now when you hit that button

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Excellent! Working on AT&T S8+! Just what I was looking for especially after I took yesterday's software update which broke other Bixby bypass apps.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
From the video, it almost sounds like the fix is to launch Bixby with immediate command to launch the Google app. That would be hilarious... F.U Bixby, launch Google! lol.

If that was the case, someone could expand further.

Jerry, is this safe?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does it affect battery life etc? I assume this is some background service continuously running to intercpet the bixby command or something like that?

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I installed BixRemap but it lists all the apps on my phone, not like the video. So stupid question... I don't see any Goggle Now app. What do I choose to map the button so that "OK Google" pops up and I can just say what I want? Thanks.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I installed BixRemap but it lists all the apps on my phone, not like the video. So stupid question... I don't see any Goggle Now app. What do I choose to map the button so that "OK Google" pops up and I can just say what I want? Thanks.

The one that says Google app opens Google now, but I'm not actually sure which one opens assistant. You can however long press the home button to open assistant instead.

atremorer

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Why does it seem to turn itself off every so often? I use it, set it for the Google app, and hit the PLAY button. Eventually, I go to use it and nothing happens. When I open the app again, it is inactive and I have to hit the play button again.

How does one stop this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress