T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Textra Stopped Receiving Texts

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Had this same problem today on AT&T as well. Missed messages all weekend until I found this. Weird that it was only happening with certain ppl and not all.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I read that too and Textra's support guy sent me that info, but I couldn't find the settings on my S8+. Where is that setting hidden?

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sadly TMobile doesn't have the option (turn off advanced messaging or VoLTE) to turn it off on the S8. I even looked it up on the T-Mobile support site.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Tried turning on/off setting under "chat". Using stock and seeing if it shows in Textra. Sent texts to myself.

Send receive reciept (1)
Share typing indication (2)

1 on. 2 on. No Textra. Shows as chat
1 on. 2 off. No Textra. Shows as chat
1 off. 2 on. No Textra. Shows as chat
1 off. 2 off. No Textra. Shows as chat

Send on Textra shows in stock as a normal sms.

Haven't tried with other people so I won't know how it differs.

mikeq00

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I found out this morning that I had this problem on my S8+ - AT&T. The only person I was missing texts from was my girl, not good.

She is also on AT&T using an S5 Active.

I went into the stock app, turned off the ADVANCED MESSAGING features as indicated above -- all is right with the world, and Textra. She can't see that I am typing a response to her now (that seems so iPhone-ish anyway) but everything else works fine.

The stock app is awful, so I am VERY happy to find such great help here, and continue using Textra Pro!

Now if I could only get to the bottom of that outline font problem... hmmm... anyone else see that? All my messages show up on the main panel of Textra in OUTLINE font, hollow characters. It's not a Textra problem though (specifically) since I also see that same font in other places (Lyft, Android Auto). So its something with the GS8+ and AT&T.

Onward and upward!

alogical

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Having similar issues. Yesterday I could not receive any texts in Textra. I could send them but I would not see any responses. Today I started using the stock messaging app and I see everything that was missing, but I am receiving duplicate texts from people and having issues sending while on WiFi. I have an S8 on T-Mobile.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Was there ever a workaround found for this, or are TMobile S8 users forced to used the stock Messages app to avoid missing texts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress