Vanished weather widget when using Nova launcher

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is weird.....can't find the weather widget when using Nova launcher on S8+...any ideas please? Thanks.

The weather widget is not available unless you use the default launcher, I tried using the Samsung UX just for that but the features on Nova are too good to not using them, so I just downloaded XWidget and Downloaded their online Galaxy S8 Weather Widget done by Jimking and it's basically the same, now I have the best of both worlds.

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I like Samsung S8 weather/clock widget but for some reason it does not show in "widgets" when using Nova launcher...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You can also use the weather widget in the Google search bar. First you need to enable 'labs' (open Nova settings and long press the volume down key). Then switch 'allow weather in search bar' on in Nova settings - labs.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You can also use the weather widget in the Google search bar. First you need to enable 'labs' (open Nova settings and long press the volume down key). Then switch 'allow weather in search bar' on in Nova settings - labs.

I used this method in my S6 and am continuing with the S8.

My screens look exactly the same on both phones. My wife asked me today, why would you get a new phone that looks exactly the same as your old one.... I didn't bother answering as she's an iPhone user and I felt the irony would me lost on her... Lol

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Unbelievable! Wow, thanks!

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
The weather widget is not available unless you use the default launcher, I tried using the Samsung UX just for that but the features on Nova are too good to not using them, so I just downloaded XWidget and Downloaded their online Galaxy S8 Weather Widget done by Jimking and it's basically the same, now I have the best of both worlds.

Thanks I was trying touchwiz launcher just because the widget didn't work with nova but installed nova prime as soon as I read your post. However, is anyone having issue with widget info dissapearing randomly? for example sometimes all I see is the arrow to refresh and the degrees symbol but I dont see the actual number of the temperature, refrehsing does nothing and the only solutions is to delete the widget and create it again :(

zazazi

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Another great tip...many thanks

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
This is weird.....can't find the weather widget when using Nova launcher on S8+...any ideas please? Thanks.

Yeah, unfortunately this is nothing new. Sammy has always made it so that their stock weather/clock widget is not available unless you use the stock launcher.

jackal2001

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. Glad I found this when searching. I used a very old weatherbug apk that had a really nice 5 day weather widget. It doesn't seem to refresh correctly on the S8.
Oh and this bixby bloatware has got to go. I don't know why these manufactures keep insisting on adding more junk. Package Disabler to the rescue again.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I was trying touchwiz launcher just because the widget didn't work with nova but installed nova prime as soon as I read your post. However, is anyone having issue with widget info dissapearing randomly? for example sometimes all I see is the arrow to refresh and the degrees symbol but I dont see the actual number of the temperature, refrehsing does nothing and the only solutions is to delete the widget and create it again :(

No, mine has been working great since installing it.

Try uninstalling Xwidget and reinstalling it (or simply go to App Settings and Clear its cache and data) and try re-downloading the widget I mentioned above and apply it, see if that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty