Disappointed with the S8 camera

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
0f4c37a7830c267d02e227da1f3cebb7.jpg
night shot. Shutter of 1/6s and 1250iso. Considering the iso is cranked I'm actually surprised at how well it turned out. And the ois is pretty darn good. Shot was hand held and I had no issue getting blur free images. Even down to 1/3s shutter.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Are there any quick tutorials on using pro mode? I've messed around with it, but would like to know exactly what I'm doing to get the best possible shots.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
The options in pro mode correspond to those on a DSLR, so knowing a bit about photography (expo, shutter speed, etx.) helps.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That's my issue. My experience with cameras is basically auto mode on phones and point and shoot cameras. I keep telling myself I'll just play around and figure it out. Once I go in pro mode it's a bit overwhelming.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm very pleased with my camera experience on the S8+. I feel it's hard to say why one wins over another with the modern phones lately. A couple years ago the quality differences between phones was so obvious to crown a king was pretty easy to accomplish. Now it's more defining what device works the best for your methods. We have true versatility and choice and you can't really go wrong with any of the premier devices. We live in an awesome time for technology.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
That's my issue. My experience with cameras is basically auto mode on phones and point and shoot cameras. I keep telling myself I'll just play around and figure it out. Once I go in pro mode it's a bit overwhelming.
There's a bunch of apps in the Playstore that will learn ya the tips and tricks of photography.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What is the best? Pixel? I had one and it was defective!

And plenty have returned defective S8s already.. and G6's, and iPhones, etc. Defective units aside, more often than not, the Pixel usually wins these comparisons.

Is the S8 the best camera on the market? Maybe, maybe not... but regardless of where it drops on whatever arbitrary rankings get published, it has an excellent camera.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They're all mostly good now, whereas Samsung and Sony used to lead the industry. It's all very subjective now. Why should I take one publication's word over another which states the complete opposite? Trust your own eyes and get the best for yourself!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
All those phones have good cameras and the difference is mostly subjective and depends on how you are going to use the phone mostly.

EDIT: we must have been typing at the same time Johnny!! LOL

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
And plenty have returned defective S8s already.. and G6's, and iPhones, etc. Defective units aside, more often than not, the Pixel usually wins these comparisons.

Is the S8 the best camera on the market? Maybe, maybe not... but regardless of where it drops on whatever arbitrary rankings get published, it has an excellent camera.
I havent used it myself, but from reviews the pixel camera app is Spartan at best. Great for just snapping photos, but lacking if you want to do more. Coming from my V10, even the S8 plus seems a little lacking to me for options but I'll live with it as camera is excellent. Going to something even more simplified would aggravate me. My phone takes better pictures overall, but after playing around with camera app on my wife's V20, I am a little jealous. I'll take subjectively "worse" images in exchange for more robust shooting options. Especially when differences between pixel and S8 are small at best.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana