05-03-2017 07:48 AM
140 ... 3456
tools
    Have a black s8+
    In my opinion this phone is too gorgeous to cover up. Thoughts?
    In my opinion it is to slippery not to cover up considering the cost of a screen replacement.
    04-26-2017 05:14 PM
    I use a thin case and no screen protector. Today was my first real test at my kids softball game.

Wind was blowing dust everywhere and my screen seemed to be the recipient of most of it. I had no choice but to toss my phone in my back pocket on the way to the car which is a big no no with a dust covered screen. Just got home and ran the screen under water and wiped it off and no scratches at all, Including micro ones. Last year at this time I got stuck in the same situation with my s7 edge and the screen had tons of micro scratches.

I'd love a screen protector but I'm not throwing anymore money out the window trying to find one that works.
    johnriii likes this.
    04-26-2017 05:40 PM
    Elago case so basically naked.
    04-26-2017 08:18 PM
    Have a black s8+
    In my opinion this phone is too gorgeous to cover up. Thoughts?
    My sentiments exactly. Ofcourse when I go to the field or the beach it gets a case
    04-26-2017 08:48 PM
    I'm meticulous about not dropping my phone , but this one is easily the most fragile smartphone I've ever owned. I thought the s7edge was easy to damage...got a couple of spigen cases to give me better grip, minimal bulk. Naked is nice, but not worth the risk.
    04-27-2017 12:27 AM
    Nope! Nope! Nope! I've already dropped mine a couple times.
    Mine fell down a couple of times and the display is in a disarray. I would suggest the best option is something which absorbs the shock.

But as you said there are times when the set looks attractive without a cover, but am scared for scratches.

I cannot go naked....Butter fingers!
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-28-2017 01:33 AM
    Can't go completely naked. Finally got my Black Dragon skin for the back of this beauty. It feels a little sharp around the edges to me despite using the blow dryer like they say to. Am I expecting too much or is that normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Who's going naked?-1501.jpg  
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    04-29-2017 05:48 PM
    Can't go completely naked. Finally got my Black Dragon skin for the back of this beauty. It feels a little sharp around the edges to me despite using the blow dryer like they say to. Am I expecting too much or is that normal?
    How long ago did you apply it? It usually takes several hours up to 24 for it to settle. I've not used Dbrand, but other skins I've had did anyway.
    04-29-2017 06:00 PM
    I put it on maybe an hour or two ago
    04-29-2017 06:02 PM
    I wouldn't worry then. Some time should help is seal around the edges as the adhesive dries.

I put it on maybe an hour or two ago
    04-29-2017 06:11 PM
    I saw a woman going naked in the shoe department of Lord & Taylor today (I picked up a pair of Michael Kors flats and also a pair of Kate Spades in pink - I knew you'd be wondering). She was just standing there as casual as can be, and I wished I could be that care free. There she stood, browsing...on her phone. Her phone was naked. You realized that, didn't you?
    mvp2ny likes this.
    04-29-2017 06:33 PM
    I saw a dude naked with his Note 5 at Atlanta airport. It was all cracked and he was using it still, with not even a display protector. I noticed what appeared to be blood in some of the cracks on the display area. Creepy as hell experience at a food court there. His thumbs looked cut.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not making it up.
    04-29-2017 06:59 PM
    I've been trying to rock this clear Ringke case for the last couple of days now and...I CAN'T DO IT. I simply hate the feel of a case in my hands instead of this slippery wonder of a phone lol I have great third party insurance so I gotz ta git NEKKID baby!😁
    Alan Sims likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:18 PM
    Okay I'm going to say something that's going to some like blasphemy to many. I keep reading people saying that a case ruins the beauty of a phone. The phone was meant to look good by itself without the case and so on. I'm going to say that I believe a nice phone without a case actually looks very odd. I mean, we can agree that some people have such perfect bodies that in one sense, they look better without clothes. That doesn't change the fact that they also look very odd with no clothes.

When I go out to lunch or go to church or whatever, I see people with nice phones and they are almost always in a case. Inevitably if somebody gets carrying a nice phone without a case, somebody looks at them really puzzle and asks, why don't you have a case on it? It has become the accepted standard for expensive phones. So I will keep my phone in a case, primarily to protect it, but also because it looks less odd to the public.
    WHATEVA man. Lol I mean look at the new Galaxy phones...just look at em. Are ya lookin? They BEG to be naked! I don't like the feel of cases in general and when it comes to aesthetics....hell naw. ANY case just can't be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the S8 butt nekkid. Just saying...
    Alan Sims likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:30 PM
    I'd love to not have anything on my s8 but reality is that it's just too slippery without something !

And at £690 it's an expensive learning curve if damaged.

I'm using the Official Samsung Screen Protector and a cheap tpu case until my dbrand Dragon Skin arrives from the US.
    04-30-2017 12:25 AM
    I have a case on mine, not going to risk that chance. But what's making me paranoid is the fact I have no tempered glass for my s8. I wanted to order one off amazon but all of the tempered glass items on amazon have terrible rating and mostly disliked because the adhesive is only around the edges. I ordered a film protector instead but anyone else have thoughts?
    04-30-2017 12:33 AM
    I have a case on mine, not going to risk that chance. But what's making me paranoid is the fact I have no tempered glass for my s8. I wanted to order one off amazon but all of the tempered glass items on amazon have terrible rating and mostly disliked because the adhesive is only around the edges. I ordered a film protector instead but anyone else have thoughts?
    I had multiple failures with Glass versions on my s7 edge so gave up on them because of the curved edges.

Using the official samsung protector now which isn't Glass and very happy with it. Comes with x2 shields too. Not the usual plastic feel that can spoil the experience either.

Some have mentioned the liquid types have worked well for them.
    04-30-2017 01:17 AM
    WHATEVA man. Lol I mean look at the new Galaxy phones...just look at em. Are ya lookin? They BEG to be naked! I don't like the feel of cases in general and when it comes to aesthetics....hell naw. ANY case just can't be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the S8 butt nekkid. Just saying...
    This reminds me of people that don't want to wear helmets because they don't want to ruin their haircut or just look cool....lol. Obviously my scenario is more serious but you guys get the picture. Good luck my friend! To each is own as they say!
    04-30-2017 09:26 AM
    Update : I thought about going naked but I found a tech 21 case that I don't mind. It definitely adds some better grip AND it for sure helps me find that fingerprint sensor. We will see how long it lasts. Haha.
    04-30-2017 02:12 PM
    If I ever go naked on a phone it means I don't care for the phone anymore. That's what I did with my GS5 a few months before I upgraded to the S7E, I kept it naked because I didn't care. So with the S7E and with my new S8+ I will keep a case on it because I love this phone and I would hate to scratch or crack it due to unintentional drops, etc. I want to keep this device as pristine as possible.
    04-30-2017 06:17 PM
    This phone is too damn gorgeous to v=cover with a clunky case, plus I've got a trusty Flygrip
    04-30-2017 06:27 PM
    Not me! I have a clear case to show off the orchard gray. This phone is too slippery to go without a case.
    04-30-2017 09:39 PM
    I returned my OB Defender and am now using a Spigen thin case.
    Yep, this. I am waiting on my Spigen thin case to arrive. In the meantime I am using Samsung's Alcantera cover. It's not too bad either.

Gav
    05-01-2017 02:49 AM
    Yep, this. I am waiting on my Spigen thin case to arrive. In the meantime I am using Samsung's Alcantera cover. It's not too bad either.

Gav

I had a look at that case but the ones I've seen were sealed. What's the feel like ? Does it pick up lint etc ?
    05-01-2017 06:28 AM
    Yep, still naked, but will be getting dressed to go to work.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:28 PM
140 ... 3456