Help with screen staying on for prolonged time after a calendar reminder

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had the S8+ for almost a week now and love it. The battery life has been phenomenal so I decided to not charge it overnight last night and see how long it would go. I went to bed with 64% and woke up with 42% which I thought was weird. I noticed this morning that every calendar app appointment reminder I would get, the screen would stay on for 20 seconds or so, turn off for a couple seconds and then come on for 20 seconds again. It would do this indefinitely until I cleared the calendar reminder. This is really annoying and obviously drains the battery since the screen is on so much. I have tried everything in the settings menu short of turning the calendar reminders off completely which isn't an option for work. My S6 never did this.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to help turn this off after the initial reminder?

Thanks!

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Only thought I can come up with is set a Do Not Disturb timeframe for overnight. That way it won't light up the screen.

Agalliasis2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I have had the S8+ for almost a week now and love it. The battery life has been phenomenal so I decided to not charge it overnight last night and see how long it would go. I went to bed with 64% and woke up with 42% which I thought was weird. I noticed this morning that every calendar app appointment reminder I would get, the screen would stay on for 20 seconds or so, turn off for a couple seconds and then come on for 20 seconds again. It would do this indefinitely until I cleared the calendar reminder. This is really annoying and obviously drains the battery since the screen is on so much. I have tried everything in the settings menu short of turning the calendar reminders off completely which isn't an option for work. My S6 never did this.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to help turn this off after the initial reminder?

Thanks!

I am having the same problem since upgrading my Galaxy s6 Edge+ on ATT from Android 6 (Marshmallow) to 7 (Nougat). I don't have any answers yet, but will let you know if I figure anything new.

Agalliasis2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
For now I'm going to disable the notifications from the default app and download another Calendar app. I never really liked the way the Galaxy calendar app reminder is full-screen, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty