Zagg Sapphire Defense Curve

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got this today because my Zagg glass screen protector was terrible. Only adhesive was on the sides and it basically fell off after a couple of days. Touch response was bad as well.
Zagg sent me this new saphire screen protector and after installing it, I am really liking it so far. Thin, smooth, very clear, and case friendly. Also the touch response is great. Will update after a couple of days.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How is the sapphire with fingerprints and smudges? I have the zagg curved. It sticks fine and I don't have a problem with touch response. The smudging is just really bad. I thought I could deal with it, but it's starting to annoy me. Lol

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
How is the sapphire with fingerprints and smudges? I have the zagg curved. It sticks fine and I don't have a problem with touch response. The smudging is just really bad. I thought I could deal with it, but it's starting to annoy me. Lol

I had the iPhone 7 Plus Sapphire Defense and the fingerprints and smudges were pretty bad. It also scratched very easy. It would get scratches just pulling it in and out of pockets.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the iPhone 7 Plus Sapphire Defense and the fingerprints and smudges were pretty bad. It also scratched very easy. It would get scratches just pulling it in and out of pockets.
I might as well keep what I have instead of spending another $50 just to have the same issue . Lol Thanks for the info.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
After 24 hours with it so far I like it. The sides stick very well and I have no touch sensitivity issues like I did with the glass. Smudges aren't quite as bad as they were with the glass but still there. I don't know if that's avoidable unfortunately. No scratches and I have all but taken a key to it. So far so good. At the end of the day if it scratches and saves my screen, that's what I bought it for. Lifetime warranty so it is OK. I don't plan on taking a knife to my phone or trying to torch it so the video I saw is pointless.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After 24 hours with it so far I like it. The sides stick very well and I have no touch sensitivity issues like I did with the glass. Smudges aren't quite as bad as they were with the glass but still there. I don't know if that's avoidable unfortunately. No scratches and I have all but taken a key to it. So far so good. At the end of the day if it scratches and saves my screen, that's what I bought it for. Lifetime warranty so it is OK. I don't plan on taking a knife to my phone or trying to torch it so the video I saw is pointless.
I know the smudges are unavoidable. I expected them, but not as bad as they are. Glad that you found one that works better for you.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Zagg replaced my Glass Curve with the Sapphire Defense. Glass Curve has issues with lost touch sensitivity.

The Sapphire Defense is not easy to install. It's actually very difficult to get it on straight. For $50 Zagg should have included a tray or edge guides like they do with the Glass Curve. BTW, I tried the Glass Curve tray and it won't work with the Sapphire Defense. Slightly different sizing.

They're sending me a replacement to try again but honestly I'm thinking to switch to a wet apply film. Let's see how it works out second time around.

On a positive note, the Sapphire Defense is less smudgy. I can see the screen in the sunlight whereas the Glass Curve was tough to see in sunlight.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Zagg replaced my Glass Curve with the Sapphire Defense. Glass Curve has issues with lost touch sensitivity.

The Sapphire Defense is not easy to install. It's actually very difficult to get it on straight. For $50 Zagg should have included a tray or edge guides like they do with the Glass Curve. BTW, I tried the Glass Curve tray and it won't work with the Sapphire Defense. Slightly different sizing.

They're sending me a replacement to try again but honestly I'm thinking to switch to a wet apply film. Let's see how it works out second time around.

On a positive note, the Sapphire Defense is less smudgy. I can see the screen in the sunlight whereas the Glass Curve was tough to see in sunlight.

There is a video on YouTube for installation. If you line up the hole with the speaker you can get it really straight.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am actually pretty happy with this protector. It feels just like the all glass protector to the touch.

Had it for the iPhone 7 plus and thought it would be a viable option for the S8+ so I ordered one.

Can you post a couple pictures showing it installed on your phone?

It will be a couple of days before I can install mine.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Funny to read this thread. It explains exactly why it makes sense for Zagg to make these kinds of shoddy products.