Gallery app replacement??

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any recommendations for a gallery app to replace stock? I usually use quickpic and i may well even just download it again but id like to try something different! I actually like the stock gallery app to be honest but its missing one important feature that quickpic has and thats the auto rotate! I can have system auto rotate to off but on quickpic it will still use auto rotate automatically if i turn the phone to landscape mode and whats more is it will also automatically make the display brighter when viewing a pic! Looking for something that will do the same ideally! Any thoughts?

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at F-Stop. The media viewer allows you to set the orientation by system default or by the device orientation sensors in the premium version. You could run the trial version to see if it suits you.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at F-Stop. The media viewer allows you to set the orientation by system default or by the device orientation sensors in the premium version. You could run the trial version to see if it suits you.

F-stop looks good but the pro version is 5 bucks and i have no idea how they justify that! Its nothing special enough to warrant 5 bucks! None the less it looks good. . . . just a little disappointing they have no black/amoled theme. Dark theme is ok but its not quiet the same as the black theme on quickpic which is better for the S8 display! Theres also alot of settings on F-stop which are a bit confusing! Why cant these developers jut keep things simple. lightweight and clean!!

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Adobe Lightroom Mobile is pretty good. You don't need an Adobe account to use it in standalone. You also have a lot of tools for image editing. Especially if you use Pro mode on your stock camera.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
F-stop looks good but the pro version is 5 bucks and i have no idea how they justify that! Its nothing special enough to warrant 5 bucks! None the less it looks good. . . . just a little disappointing they have no black/amoled theme. Dark theme is ok but its not quiet the same as the black theme on quickpic which is better for the S8 display! Theres also alot of settings on F-stop which are a bit confusing! Why cant these developers jut keep things simple. lightweight and clean!!

Sorry, I didn't intend to cause a ruckus. The fact is that F-Stop is the only gallery app that I've found that will rotate while my device is locked in portrait mode -- which is more than half the time. That's worth $5 to me.

Hope you can find another that suits your needs better.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You do realize that Quickpic was bought by Cheetah Mobile? I used to always use Quickpic but no one should use any apps run by Cheetah Mobile! (Google it)

I heard that ages ago but ironically nobody ever seemed t have an issue with quickpic despite them being the developers! I myself used quickpic for years wiithout any issues. In fact i have no issues even using it again, Its just that id like to try something different and quickpic doesnt appear to be as lightweight as it once was

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89