New Gallery 14.1.02.0 Won't Autorotate

John Speros

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
After I updated Gallery to the new version 14.1.02.0, an image won't rotate when I physically rotate the phone from portrait to landscape. The Phone Settings has Auto rotate selected. A workaround is to click the pencil Edit icon on the image then go back to the image.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
After I updated Gallery to the new version 14.1.02.0, an image won't rotate when I physically rotate the phone from portrait to landscape. The Phone Settings has Auto rotate selected. A workaround is to click the pencil Edit icon on the image then go back to the image.

I have the same version but mine is working correctly. I would try force stop, clear data and see if that helps. If not, then restart device check again. LMK if that helps!

John Speros

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, a force stop, data clear, and restart didn't work for me. This version of Gallery autorotates fine for me in Secure Folder. I saw a comment from someone in the Play Store that also experienced this issue.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, a force stop, data clear, and restart didn't work for me. This version of Gallery autorotates fine for me in Secure Folder. I saw a comment from someone in the Play Store that also experienced this issue.

Can you uninstall the app/updates and reinstall?

John Speros

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I was able to uninstall Galary updates which took me back to 14.0.00.37 and auto rotate works with that version. When I reinstalled the Feb 8 version of 14.1.02.00, the updated app still wouldn't auto rotate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufinoman

Andre Berry

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
I was able to uninstall Galary updates which took me back to 14.0.00.37 and auto rotate works with that version. When I reinstalled the Feb 8 version of 14.1.02.00, the updated app still wouldn't auto rotate.

I had the same issue, a minute ago but tried clearing the cache, then clearing data, and now it auto-rotates. That was irritating to say the least... I'm also on 14.1.02.00

John Speros

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions. I was finally able to get autorotate working again in the Gallery app using a different technique. I deleted the existing Gallery Home screen shortcut icon (which was working fine up until 14.1.02.0) and then created a new Gallery shortcut by dragging the Gallery app to the Home screen from the App Drawer.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions. I was finally able to get autorotate working again in the Gallery app using a different technique. I deleted the existing Gallery Home screen shortcut icon (which was working fine up until 14.1.02.0) and then created a new Gallery shortcut by dragging the Gallery app to the Home screen from the App Drawer.
I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I also tried clearing the cache for the phone.

If I clear cache and data for gallery will I lose all my pictures? I do not backup to the cloud.

I read somewhere else that this happens when you have Nova installed as default launcher for some reason. I do use Nova Prime.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 14.1.02.0 and now it works. Thanks for all the suggestions.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue also.
Gallery app version 14. 1.02.0
Nova Launcher Prime version 7.0.57

Force stopping the Gallery app and clearing cache does not help.

I have been cycling the phones auto rotate quick setting tile, in order to get Gallery photo rotation.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I also tried clearing the cache for the phone.

If I clear cache and data for gallery will I lose all my pictures? I do not backup to the cloud.

I read somewhere else that this happens when you have Nova installed as default launcher for some reason. I do use Nova Prime.

Clearing Data will erase so do a back up.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan