QC 3.0 charger doesn't fast charge, but QC 2.0 does?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. I upgraded my car charger from a Quick Charge 2.0 to a nice Anker Quick Charge 3.0, but with the 3.0, the phone doesn't report that it is fast charging, but it does when I use the old 2.0 charger.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. I upgraded my car charger from a Quick Charge 2.0 to a nice Anker Quick Charge 3.0, but with the 3.0, the phone doesn't report that it is fast charging, but it does when I use the old 2.0 charger.
Thats really strange because I purchased all new QC 3.0 wall adapters and type C cables to go with them for the house and QC 3.0 for all our cars and where ever I am i can plug in and my S8+ charges just fine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It should work. Try unplugging / re-plugging the charger back in. Sometimes if it isn't just right it will do that. Happens from time to time in my truck.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. One thing I just thought of. I charge wirelessly with a Samsung QC charger in my truck, which is what is plugged in to the car charger. It is the same Samsung QC wireless fast charger I have had for a year or more. Is that a factor?

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thats because s8 doesn't support qc3. It has qc2 only. I suspect because they wabted to keep the phone slim whereas qc3 requires a bit more circuitry

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's strange because QC 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 so you'd think it would work.
Maybe it's because my Samsung wireless quick charger came out before QC 3.0 came about, and so it will only work with QC 2.0 power sources

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You're using a Samsung wireless fast charger? Supposedly, they can only do fast charging with an AFC compatible charger. AFC functions most like QC 2.0. However, in my experience, I have not been able to get my fast wireless chargers from Samsung to work with anything other than AFC chargers. It would never even work with a QC 2.0 charger.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're using a Samsung wireless fast charger? Supposedly, they can only do fast charging with an AFC compatible charger. AFC functions most like QC 2.0. However, in my experience, I have not been able to get my fast wireless chargers from Samsung to work with anything other than AFC chargers. It would never even work with a QC 2.0 charger.
Yeah, I have a Samsung wireless fast charger that fits perfectly in the cup holder of my truck. My phone sits on it and charges perfectly while I drive. I've used it for the past 3 or 4 phones, going back to the Note 5. I have a QC 2.0 cig outlet charger, and it works to fast charge. Decided to upgrade to a 3.0 with two simultaneous ports, but it doesn't fast charge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non