As of a couple days ago from 5/17/2017, I've been having some issues with my fingerprint scanner.
    Every time I use my s8 for more than a few hours after a restart, the fingerprint scanner decides to completely stop working all together, if I try to register a new finger, it doesn't recognize when I'm placing my fingerprint on the scanner. However, every time I restart the phone the fingerprint scanner works perfectly fine, but only temporarily. The fact that it works perfectly fine every time I restart the phone leads me to believe that the problem is software based and not hardware based. Is there a simple fix or is something happening that I'm just not understanding? Is it a problem out of my hands that could allow me to get a replacement s8 from at&t? I've owned the phone for just about 2 weeks now, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-17-2017 10:40 PM
    I randomly have the same issue I restart it and it goes away it seems to be software related. I would think a software update is in order I've had my s8+ since launch. Not sure if a replacement is needed just yet.
    05-17-2017 11:08 PM
    I have had this issue too few times but for me it only happens when the phone goes to DND mode. However, this hasn't happened for the past week. Hopefully it fixed itself....
    05-17-2017 11:12 PM
    There are already multiple threads about this known problem.

Anyone having this problem (or the other known chronic problems: random-restarts and iris-sensor-unresponsive) should report it directly to Samsung at this site:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ers/bd-p/GS8QA

The more complaints they get, the more seriously they will take the problem.
    05-18-2017 05:34 AM
    I've had the issue but I've noticed a pattern or at least it seems to be a pattern. Not every time I run but the 3 times it has happened to me since I got it on 4/21, two of them was after getting back from my usual 5k run soaked in sweat because of my tropical weather heat, so the phone is also wet and I can't unlock it with the fingerprint, then after I unlocked the phone the problem began, and the third time was after a run also but this time I could unlock it via FP, but then I always use a Baby Wipe to rinse it and clean it and a dry towel after that, and there it was the problem again.

So, it may be different for all of you but it would be interesting to know if with some of you it has happened after the sensor has gotten wet somehow.
    05-18-2017 06:15 AM
    This is definitely software related. Mine stops working every day after a few hours.
    05-18-2017 08:51 AM
    This is definitely software related. Mine stops working every day after a few hours.
    It's also happening on my s8, so I disabled fingerprint gestures and it's not happening anymore. Definitely a software bug.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    05-18-2017 08:57 AM
    Let's see if that works.
    05-19-2017 07:28 PM
    I'm having the Same problem. After a restart everything works perfect again. Hopeully it gets resolved soon with a software update.
    05-22-2017 11:20 PM
    It's also happening on my s8, so I disabled fingerprint gestures and it's not happening anymore. Definitely a software bug.
    This definitely worked. It's been a few days and my fingerprint scanner still hasn't gone out on me. Thanks.
    05-23-2017 05:23 AM
    This happened to me yesterday and restart did fix the issue.
    05-23-2017 11:51 AM
    Ah I have always had the gestures off .. That explains why I never saw this issue.
    05-23-2017 12:00 PM
    I've had the issue but I've noticed a pattern or at least it seems to be a pattern. Not every time I run but the 3 times it has happened to me since I got it on 4/21, two of them was after getting back from my usual 5k run soaked in sweat because of my tropical weather heat, so the phone is also wet and I can't unlock it with the fingerprint, then after I unlocked the phone the problem began, and the third time was after a run also but this time I could unlock it via FP, but then I always use a Baby Wipe to rinse it and clean it and a dry towel after that, and there it was the problem again.

So, it may be different for all of you but it would be interesting to know if with some of you it has happened after the sensor has gotten wet somehow.
    Moisture or sweaty hands definitely effect the sensor. When my Hands are completely dry it works every time. When I sweat it can take multiple tries at times.
    05-24-2017 12:02 AM
    Moisture or sweaty hands definitely effect the sensor. When my Hands are completely dry it works every time. When I sweat it can take multiple tries at times.
    Nah hes saying the fingerprint reader turns off completely. It doesn't register false inputs or nothing.
    05-24-2017 09:02 AM
    Nah hes saying the fingerprint reader turns off completely. It doesn't register false inputs or nothing.
    Oh OK. Yeah, that's a little different deal going on. Thank you sir for clarifying that for meツ
    05-24-2017 10:48 AM