What insurance did you choose?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Best Phone Insurance?

So I am looking at using my S8+ without any case, all natural, glass in all its glory. What is the best mobile phone insurance company to use? Is it best to use my carrier or to use squaretrade? Thanks for advice!

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best Phone Insurance?

To me Squaretrade. Lower price ($130 for 3 years vs 13/mo) and lower deductible ($99 vs 200). One thing they don't cover is loss.

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your record and if you have and TUIs. honestly the best insurance is a case unless you like pre owned devices like in most cases you get from companies like assurian etc. I hate having cases on my phones but hate getting refurbish junk when I pay for new even more. Good luck no matter your route and hopefully you'll never need to do a claim. I already had mine replaced a few days after getting it but it was a defect not an insurance claim so I got new sealed replacement from Samsung for nothing.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The biggest issue with square trade is that once you use the amount of your policy, your done. 3 screen replacements kill the policy and you can't renew it.

Carriers typically have huge deductibles.

Samsung hasn't had great reviews in terms of turn around and exact device replacement. Some have received different colors. The price is good however compared to carriers.

Wells Fargo seems pretty good if you pay your phone bill on their credit card but I haven't read the terms.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
It appears when I got the phone the lady signed me up for the $11/month insurance with VZW which I think is through Assurion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty