Fun at Aquatica with the S8

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I tell ya, I had a ball at the waterpark with my phone. Here are a couple of brief videos that I made, but I also took it into the fast river and wave pool. I did the same thing with my S7 Edge last year to show people the capabilities of this phone. Just a couple of videos playing around with some brief underwater recordings of my daughter and family friend.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Cool. I only wish people would turn their phone sideways when recording video though.

To be honest, I had the Vulcan Death Grip on my phone in fear of dropping it and it being dragged by the water. Hence, video taken vertically. I would have preferred the other method however, so I do agree with you.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Did you have issue when the phone goes under water? My wifes S7 Edge acts funny at times, as if someone is touching the screen.

When I did this last year with my S7Edge, it did get sluggish for a bit. Once I dried it off and did a reboot, no further issues.

With the S8, I had zero issues. It performed above expectations. I was surprised that it did even better than the S7edge to be honest. And I literally had that phone in and out of the water all day until battery went down to 15%.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got super lucky and didn't end up with a brick! Very cool :)

When I first did this experiment last year, I was terrified. This year, totally put my faith behind Samsung. Especially now since I know that it will be covered under factory warranty as long as I don't exceed the limitations. Then again, they don't mention if you are to be recording or taking photos while submerged. I've heard differing views on that one. Perhaps I should ask....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When I first did this experiment last year, I was terrified. This year, totally put my faith behind Samsung. Especially now since I know that it will be covered under factory warranty as long as I don't exceed the limitations. Then again, they don't mention if you are to be recording or taking photos while submerged. I've heard differing views on that one. Perhaps I should ask....
My understanding is that the current and the chlorine would invalidate the warranty, but hopefully they'd prove me wrong.