Bixby: Anyone even care anymore?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I can't forget about Bixby, I hit the damn button but at least 2-3 times a day by mistake. :-\

Not sure what case you may be using? But a benefit of the otterbox defender case(or any case with stiffer side material) is you have to actually put effort into getting the Bixby button to respond. Had a flimsy cheap Amazon case initially & that had no effect. Have not accidentally activated the button since getting the o.d. case back in April. So maybe something to think about for those not wanting to mess with a remap app & needing a case.

To the op's question. Have to admit I was optimistic back when the phone was released that Samsung would really push to get this right. However at this point, really hope they just leave it alone. Rarely use Google Assistant & cannot imagine integrating the things Bixby is suppose to do in my daily use.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't even use google's assistant so imagine bixby lol haven't set it up haven't touched it and neither will i. Basically i have no need for an Ai.
I use Google because I just say OK Google. If I had to press a special button I wouldn't want Google either

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Does that just disable the button altogether or can you assign other tasks for it? I tried an app that allows you to reprogram the button but it was too much of a glitch fest for my liking. I really wish I could just use it for a flashlight toggle but I can't stand glitchy behavior and I think the Bixby is too ingrained in the software for there to be a decent third party app without root.
It just disables the button.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what that has to do with using Bixby on my phone.. lol. As per the topic.. I won't use Bixby now or later. I will use assistant since it works with other products and not just Samsung only.

Never say never. Everyone didn't use Samsung pay. They are starting now. It's still an​ unreleased, unfinished tech. Just wait and see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Never say never. Everyone didn't use Samsung pay. They are starting now. It's still an​ unreleased, unfinished tech. Just wait and see.

We have been over this -- I won't use it. I can promise you this. I will use Assistant since it works with my other Google products.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone even looking forward to its full roll out in North America? To me I'm not. I don't even really care and have forgotten all about it basically.

I'm hoping they add more cards from more apps to hello bixby.

I'm not interested in any voice assistants. So far they all over promise and under deliver. Not interested in another one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez