Anyone aware of a feature called Link Share?

Bryan Randolph

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I found out a feature called Link Share while playing around with the new S8 I just bought and I was just wondering if anybody knows about the feature. I searched the web to find some information about it and according to the information, it is integrated with an app called Send Anywhere. Anyone knows what Send Anywhere is? How does it work with it?

jumanjee

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I found out a feature called Link Share while playing around with the new S8 I just bought and I was just wondering if anybody knows about the feature. I searched the web to find some information about it and according to the information, it is integrated with an app called Send Anywhere. Anyone knows what Send Anywhere is? How does it work with it?

Hi Bryan, I'm a fan of Link Share as well! Pleasantly surprised there are fellow users out there since most of my friends who use Galaxy doesn't seem to know this particular feature even exists! Anyhoo, Link Share is basically a link creator that allows you to send large files up to 2GB if I remember correctly. So I usually use it when I'm sharing my vacation or family photos with my other family members, mostly my Mom and Dad.

I don't know much about Send Anywhere and how it is linked with Link Share but its an app apparently according to Google search. You should check out their webpage, https://send-anywhere.com and check out yourself for more info.

Anyways, hope this helps!

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Link share is awesome. I use it to send large files to friends, especially pictures I don't want compressed by the MMS size limitation.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Where to you find link share?

Pick an image or video. Click send which is where you'll see the link share. I hope this helps.

I think that in order to use this or even see it you must turn on Profile Sharing first. Where to look for it? Well, I really don't remember if there is an specific setting just for this but I think I always turn it on by going to Contacts (or phone app-contacts) and on ME (my profile) if you click the 3 dots at the top to enter to the settings it shows you the Profile Sharing Option.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I think that in order to use this or even see it you must turn on Profile Sharing first. Where to look for it? Well, I really don't remember if there is an specific setting just for this but I think I always turn it on by going to Contacts (or phone app-contacts) and on ME (my profile) if you click the 3 dots at the top to enter to the settings it shows you the Profile Sharing Option.
I don't recall having to do that though.