06-10-2017 09:17 AM
46 12
tools
    I switch between a Spigen Neo Hybrid and Caseology Parallax on my LG G6.

Like some of you have said, the Hybrid is firm and someone slippery despite its textured back, but man does it look nice.
    The Parallax is grippy and has a cool texture on the rear, but the paint on the bumper is wearing after 1 month of use.

Neo Hybrid = Weekday - In the office case
    Parallax = Weekend - At the park with the kids case
    06-08-2017 02:10 PM
    I was going naked for weeks then I just finally bought my first phone case ever. It cost $7 and it's ok, I guess. It adds a little bulk to the phone, but I guess that's ok. I know it won't actually prevent cracks if I drop the phone, but it might protect it from scratches or something and it adds grip to the phone.

It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5843733
    06-08-2017 05:24 PM
    Has anyone tried this case? It's the only one I've seen with a built in screen protector. Reviews seem ok.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHLXNCL...cUvbUpU5843752
    06-08-2017 05:43 PM
    Has anyone tried this case? It's the only one I've seen with a built in screen protector. Reviews seem ok.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHLXNCL...cUvbUpU5843758
    I have been thinking about this one but I swap out often and would have to keep replacing my screen protector and I finally found one I like.
    06-08-2017 05:48 PM
    I use those as well. Really like them both. Neo and parallex.
    06-08-2017 05:49 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHLXNCL...cUvbUpU5843775
    Read the reviews of that case for the S8 and you will get a completely opposite opinion. I don't see how it would be great for the S8+ and abysmal for the S8.

Those cases tend to trap a ton of dust and dirt under the built in screen and every time you press your dragging that's stuff across your screen. Something to think about.
    06-08-2017 05:58 PM
    Otterbox Strada for me. Had the defender with a glass screen protector. Popped off after 2 days and hated the look anyway. So far I love the Strada. The flip cover protects the naked screen very well..... drop protection, well I hope I never have to find out.
    06-08-2017 07:28 PM
    Slickwraps Honeycomb skin with the Rhinoshield bumper
    What cases are you using?-0605171319a.jpg
    What cases are you using?-0605171316b.jpg
    What cases are you using?-0605171318.jpg
    What cases are you using?-0605171319.jpg
    06-08-2017 10:00 PM
    I, too, went with the Otterbox Defender. Before this case, I absolutely despised these cases as they were so big and chunky, but this is the slimmest yet and I truly feel protected. This phone was way to slick to use naked.

(and yes, Floss is way too much peer pressure. I had to stop watching him for a while).
    bassplayrguy and Kalvin Kerns like this.
    06-09-2017 06:14 AM
    I'm using a Tech 21 case. I've used it on a number of phones. It's slim and provides good grip. The buttons are a little hard to push but they are lossening up.
    06-09-2017 10:28 AM
    You are a case junky I have two. An iBlason with built in stand (using right now) and a basic case with extended corners. That case seems less protective than the iBlason and also find the stand handy.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    06-09-2017 01:46 PM
    Here's the full shot of the Neo, along with my office headphones.
    I could literally listen to music for 8 hours.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    06-09-2017 02:08 PM
    My current Daily is the Zizo Proton
    What's your impression of the Zizo? Do you use the tempered glass protector? I may have to get one... heh heh.
    Wopback likes this.
    06-09-2017 07:24 PM
    No case for the past few days and I'm loving it, but I do have a Spigen thin fit and the Samsung protective cover. The Spigen I find to be surprisingly slippery. Feels like there's some kind of coating they put on the back or something. I had the same one for my note 5 and it wasn't like that at all. Provided a good amount of grip. This one kinda doesn't, so that's a bit disappointing to me. The Samsung protective cover is abysmal. I'd have an easier time trying to grip a piece of wet ice. Way more slippery than the phone itself. The use of the word "protective" is certainly questionable.

If anyone knows of an ultra slim, preferably form fitting case that amps up the grip, please let me know.
    Out of all 5 cases I've tried my Spigen Thin Fit with SF coated nonslip matte case is the least slippery. My Spigen Liquid Crystal and the Samsung case are both clear and show off my Orchid Gray phone but too slippery
    06-09-2017 07:47 PM
    Using the Speck Presidio Grip and it's a fantastic case for the S8 Plus.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    06-09-2017 08:48 PM
    I have two Otterbox Defenders and a Caseology Leigion series case. Using my black Defender and probably will just keep it on for good now.
    06-09-2017 08:56 PM
    What's your impression of the Zizo? Do you use the tempered glass protector? I may have to get one... heh heh.
    I really like the case. It's very similar to the Supcase which is more of a frost in the back as opposed to clear. Same material too. The case comes with a glass protector, but I'm using a Zagg HD (film). The edges of the case are lifted, so I don't know how Glass protector friendly it is. If your looking for a nice case which is protector friendly, I would also recommend the Caseology Parallax. I love that case too...hahha
    shabbs likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:47 PM
    I really like the case. It's very similar to the Supcase which is more of a frost in the back as opposed to clear. Same material too. The case comes with a glass protector, but I'm using a Zagg HD (film). The edges of the case are lifted, so I don't know how Glass protector friendly it is. If your looking for a nice case which is protector friendly, I would also recommend the Caseology Parallax. I love that case too...hahha
    Thanks for the info. Rocking a UAG Monarch right now. Love that one.
    Wopback likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:50 PM
    Thanks for the info. Rocking a UAG Monarch right now. Love that one.
    Funny you say that....I was looking to purchase that one. Is it Bulky? Your impressions?
    06-09-2017 10:54 PM
    Funny you say that....I was looking to purchase that one. Is it Bulky? Your impressions?
    Love it. Not too bulky, great grip and protection. I switch between this and my otterbox defender regularly.
    06-10-2017 08:00 AM
    I have a Zizo Flux with their included glass screen protector. It's case friendly also works with my Spigen Neohybrid. But the touch sensitivity isn't great, difficult to swipe from the edges and pinch zooming like in Maps is very frustrating. Might take it off and keep screen naked. Never had these issues with glass on my iPhone.
    06-10-2017 09:17 AM
46 12