What cases are you using?

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox Defender is my daily. I got the Spigen Tough Armor as well, I might use that if I wind up using the VR frequently as the Defender is a pain to keep taking off.

westcoaststyle

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Currently using a Spigen Tough Armor Case, but I might look into something a little bulkier or at least something with a less slippery back cover.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I switch between a Spigen Neo Hybrid and Caseology Parallax on my LG G6.

Like some of you have said, the Hybrid is firm and someone slippery despite its textured back, but man does it look nice.
The Parallax is grippy and has a cool texture on the rear, but the paint on the bumper is wearing after 1 month of use.

Neo Hybrid = Weekday - In the office case
Parallax = Weekend - At the park with the kids case

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried this case? It's the only one I've seen with a built in screen protector. Reviews seem ok.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHLXNC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5843775
Read the reviews of that case for the S8 and you will get a completely opposite opinion. I don't see how it would be great for the S8+ and abysmal for the S8.

Those cases tend to trap a ton of dust and dirt under the built in screen and every time you press your dragging that's stuff across your screen. Something to think about.

Xoch1

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Otterbox Strada for me. Had the defender with a glass screen protector. Popped off after 2 days and hated the look anyway. So far I love the Strada. The flip cover protects the naked screen very well..... drop protection, well I hope I never have to find out.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I, too, went with the Otterbox Defender. Before this case, I absolutely despised these cases as they were so big and chunky, but this is the slimmest yet and I truly feel protected. This phone was way to slick to use naked.

(and yes, Floss is way too much peer pressure. I had to stop watching him for a while).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Tech 21 case. I've used it on a number of phones. It's slim and provides good grip. The buttons are a little hard to push but they are lossening up.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You are a case junky ;) I have two. An iBlason with built in stand (using right now) and a basic case with extended corners. That case seems less protective than the iBlason and also find the stand handy.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's the full shot of the Neo, along with my office headphones.
I could literally listen to music for 8 hours.
4ffc71cc59a144f35284a7eb67898d23.jpg

Thomasrope

May 20, 2017
Visit site
No case for the past few days and I'm loving it, but I do have a Spigen thin fit and the Samsung protective cover. The Spigen I find to be surprisingly slippery. Feels like there's some kind of coating they put on the back or something. I had the same one for my note 5 and it wasn't like that at all. Provided a good amount of grip. This one kinda doesn't, so that's a bit disappointing to me. The Samsung protective cover is abysmal. I'd have an easier time trying to grip a piece of wet ice. Way more slippery than the phone itself. The use of the word "protective" is certainly questionable.

If anyone knows of an ultra slim, preferably form fitting case that amps up the grip, please let me know.

Out of all 5 cases I've tried my Spigen Thin Fit with SF coated nonslip matte case is the least slippery. My Spigen Liquid Crystal and the Samsung case are both clear and show off my Orchid Gray phone but too slippery

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have two Otterbox Defenders and a Caseology Leigion series case. Using my black Defender and probably will just keep it on for good now.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I really like the case. It's very similar to the Supcase which is more of a frost in the back as opposed to clear. Same material too. The case comes with a glass protector, but I'm using a Zagg HD (film). The edges of the case are lifted, so I don't know how Glass protector friendly it is. If your looking for a nice case which is protector friendly, I would also recommend the Caseology Parallax. I love that case too...hahha
Thanks for the info. Rocking a UAG Monarch right now. Love that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87