Amber Alerts

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to disable to turn off Amber Alerts?
Not sure you can, but why would you want to do that? Maybe you don't have kids now, but maybe you could be of help if there is a Amber alert. They don't issue them just for fun, it's because a kid is in danger, and they only issue them for the area affected.

If it's because you get woke up if your sleeping, there is silent mode, airplane mode, do not disturb mode where phone calls can be allowed but alerts silent.

But in the spirit of helping you out, package disabler pro might be able to disable them, don't know. I'm guessing that it's treated like 911, can't turn it off. I really hope you reconsider disabling it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Open the stock messaging app, go to settings, emergency alerts settings

For the record, I wish enough people left this on just in case they could help someone.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Amber alerts are disruptive. I was watching a webcast where the person casting was using his phone to cast. An Amber Alert disconnected him from the webcast and it took a while for him to get back on.

I agree that Amber Alerts are good but they shouldn't stop what you're doing.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Amber alerts are disruptive. I was watching a webcast where the person casting was using his phone to cast. An Amber Alert disconnected him from the webcast and it took a while for him to get back on.

I agree that Amber Alerts are good but they shouldn't stop what you're doing.
I am mixed here. A person's safety is more important than being inconvenienced to have to restart something. With that said, I also agree that there should be a setting to not be so abrasive either. Maybe a setting where you can silence it during sleeping times as your not going to be of any help while your sleeping anyway, and maybe to be able to disable it for a set time as for what you mentioned.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
On Verizon (may not work with other carriers):

Settings > (Personal) Privacy and emergency > Emergency alerts > Settings (top right corner) > Alert types. Turn off Amber alerts, but leave the other two on for severe weather alerts and anything else that might be considered severe or extreme alerts.

I also have Amber alerts turned off. You don't have to justify your decision to do so.

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I turned it off to loud of a blazing sound in the middle of the night, in Southern CA there posted on the freeway billboards anyway so if it's local you'll know
If it's a government emergency I'm going back to sleep