Do you use a Samsung account?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's pretty much similar to having a Google account, and since you can disable what you want to sync or not to sync, it's not bad to just activate one.

For starters, you'll need one if you want to use Samsung's Find My Phone service as well as if you want to use their new Cloud service (which does help a lot to keep apps and settings backed up...just remember, app DATA isn't synced unless the app itself supports cloud saves).

I just use it for those two purposes (I don't sync my Gallery, contacts, or calendar because I already have those in Google) and because Samsung Notes (which SUCKS compared to the now-defunct S-Note) also uses that to sync notes to the cloud; Evernote sync is no longer native to the app.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I have it but to be honest I don't know what it does. most backup seems done by Google I think but it's there. Not sure what it does but figure better safe than sorry.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have one. I believe your Samsung Pay is attached to your Samsung account so there is that. I use S-Health and a Gear S3. I download apps and watch faces for the watch through the Samsung store. I've used the Samsung help app in the past to chat with a Samsung rep and that was useful at the time.

Those are a few things off the top of my head.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have one. I believe your Samsung Pay is attached to your Samsung account so there is that. I use S-Health and a Gear S3. I download apps and watch faces for the watch through the Samsung store. I've used the Samsung help app in the past to chat with a Samsung rep and that was useful at the time.

Those are a few things off the top of my head.

This.. and also saves any theme or app store purchases you've made.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch