Bixby Early Access program

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm willing to try it out. And I'd bet money that some of the Bixby "haters" will be secretly signing up as well lol

I still don't know what to think about it, but giving the new features it should have, it can be interesting and I can see myself finally embracing AI but only for the new stuff, if it really works, I'm not to interested in actual Google Assistant features, I used them once or twice and then simply forgot about them.

One thing I'm sure though, I'm not the kind of guy to hate on something that I haven't even tried, and that will be my mindset on this one, I hope I'm chosen because I've always loved to be beta tester whenever I can.

Last edited:

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm signed up. I kind of doubt I will use it though. I don't think it is really targeted at the techie market. Most of us are already invested in, and used to, something else (probably Google Assistant). But the casual user may find it novel and helpful.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm signed up. I kind of doubt I will use it though. I don't think it is really targeted at the techie market. Most of us are already invested in, and used to, something else (probably Google Assistant). But the casual user may find it novel and helpful.

Google Assistant not smart enough.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm willing to try it out. And I'd bet money that some of the Bixby "haters" will be secretly signing up as well lol

Hater here! I got the email but won't be signing up. I still have never agreed to the "terms and conditions" to allow Bixby to load on my phone :p.

But in all honesty... It is not that I "hate" it .. I just have other things that use GA so I am just sticking with that.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hater here! I got the email but won't be signing up. I still have never agreed to the "terms and conditions" to allow Bixby to load on my phone :p.

But in all honesty... It is not that I "hate" it .. I just have other things that use GA so I am just sticking with that.

You've also been consistent through out. I suspect some others were playing the "me too" game just to pile on. Now we'll get to see who is consistent like you, and who suddenly changes their tune lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, S Voice has been around for a long time, actually since 2012 when the S3 and Note 2 was out. Also, they have more Samsung owners than Google Pixel/Nexus.

And Google has been around a LOT longer. Google doesn't just pull from voice data ;). They also don't only pull from Google Pixel/Nexus devices. Google accounts are what drive their AI -- not just the voice... So everything the account gathers.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
And Google has been around a LOT longer. Google doesn't just pull from voice data ;). They also don't only pull from Google Pixel/Nexus devices. Google accounts are what drive their AI -- not just the voice... So everything the account gathers.

I'm not sure Bixby will be a direct competitor to GA. I think they will be able to coexist side by side as they offer different context. Samsung really only needs to pull from your device itself.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure Bixby will be a direct competitor to GA. I think they will be able to coexist side by side as they offer different context. Samsung really only needs to pull from your device itself.

From how they make it sound they want it to be your "all in" area so .. I could see it being a mix for sure. Not a device-only assistant.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Google: Cardboard VR
Samsung: Gear VR Powered by Oculus

Google: Value Nexus Tablet
Samsung: Premium GALAXY Tab S2

Google basically tries to be the "first" and provide the basics, but others take their time and make it even better.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google: Cardboard VR
Samsung: Gear VR Powered by Oculus

Google: Value Nexus Tablet
Samsung: Premium GALAXY Tab S2

Google basically tries to be the "first" and provide the basics, but others take their time and make it even better.
That is your opinion.. but that still doesn't mean they have more user data. You're going way off the path versus what I was talking about lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89