How do you hold your S8 / S8 Plus?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Normally I would have my hand and pinky supporting the bottom but since there are minimal bezels, I find myself relying on using my fingers to grip the tiny side edges because weight is unevenly distributed and the phone is long. How are you holding your phone?

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Left hand also, since I'm right-handed and the s8+ is a bit too big to comfortably use it one handed.
The Samsung clear cover give me several holding options but sometimes my pink does block the speaker.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
This is proving more interesting than I had thought it would. Seems a lot of people use it with their non-dominate hand. Are you folks using your dominant hand to touch the screen or one-handing it?

To be more specific on my way-- right hand (dominant hand), one-handed, with pinky on the bottom. I have small-ish hands for a man. Takes a bit of maneuvering to get my thumb to the full other side of the screen.

When I'm traveling or boating, I put a strap made for a Nintendo Wii remote on my case so that I don't have to worry about dropping it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is proving more interesting than I had thought it would. Seems a lot of people use it with their non-dominate hand. Are you folks using your dominant hand to touch the screen or one-handing it?

To be more specific on my way-- right hand (dominant hand), one-handed, with pinky on the bottom. I have small-ish hands for a man. Takes a bit of maneuvering to get my thumb to the full other side of the screen.

When I'm traveling or boating, I put a strap made for a Nintendo Wii remote on my case so that I don't have to worry about dropping it.

How do you reach the top of the screen controlling it one handed with your thumb?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

While my right hand is the dominant hand, I have been using my left hand for many things like drinking coffee using my phone, trackpad and even sometimes i tend to use my mouse (computer accessory) in my left hand.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
In all fairness, my right thumb is 0,5" shorter due to surgery a long time ago. The scar takes away some feeling, add to that I always preferred my left ear for making calls. The hearing is probably slightly better on that side, which in turn could be caused by my lazy left eye I was born with.
And I'm not kidding about that.

But since I use my dominant hand for writing, I also use it for typing on my phones.
And I suspect Samsung made a mistake with that in placing the fp scanner suited for people holding it in their right hand. Which will most likely be left-handed people, which in turn is about 20 percent of the world population. Or was it 10?

I see some using it one handed, and most others one hand holding and other hand typing/ two handed holding and typing.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm also a kind of guy who will hold it with the left hand, supported by my pinky, though I'm not afraid of getting my right hand for stuff like the notification center.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo