Verizon Galaxy S8 Opinions on the official Samsung S8 screen protectors?

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, so I am overseas but arrive home in a week where a Galaxy S8 will be waiting for me. I am not going to spend $45 on the whitestone screen protector just yet. I was thinking of picking up a clear film protector (as they are sometimes called. Samsung has an official one (though strangely it is not listed on the USA website)...

Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 | Samsung UK

This is $17 at Amazon. Since it's official I am thinking it should work perfectly with the Samsung Alcantara case I ordered.

I also noticed there is an official Samsung tempered glass protector...

Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 | Samsung UK

Any opinions on this one? Again, I imagine it should work very well with the Alcantara case.

It's the $46 Whitestone (I think it's called) that I hear most of the positive comments on, other than many who find it impossible to install and therefore blow $46 for nothing.

I never go without a screen protector. Never ever. I have had tempered glass protectors on all my iPhones (starting with the 4S) and with the known fragility of the S8 I'd love tempered glass, but the reviews of all are truly frightening. Hence my thinking to go with a thin version at first. See how I like the phone. If it captures my imagination and I want to make it a keeper, I go for broke.

Thanks.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
This is $17 at Amazon. Since it's official I am thinking it should work perfectly with the Samsung Alcantara case I ordered.

That's the exact combo I used and it works perfectly. Takes a little time to get the Samsung protector applied properly. Be prepared to spend a good 10 to 15 minutes pushing out bubbles with the included squeegee (one of the best included squeegees ever), but it's totally worth it. Highly recommended.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, so I am overseas but arrive home in a week where a Galaxy S8 will be waiting for me. I am not going to spend $45 on the whitestone screen protector just yet. I was thinking of picking up a clear film protector (as they are sometimes called. Samsung has an official one (though strangely it is not listed on the USA website)...

Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 | Samsung UK

I also noticed there is an official Samsung tempered glass protector...

Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 | Samsung UK

Any opinions on this one? Again, I imagine it should work very well with the Alcantara case.

It's the $46 Whitestone (I think it's called) that I hear most of the positive comments on, other than many who find it impossible to install and therefore blow $46 for nothing.

I never go without a screen protector. Never ever. I have had tempered glass protectors on all my iPhones (starting with the 4S) and with the known fragility of the S8 I'd love tempered glass, but the reviews of all are truly frightening. Hence my thinking to go with a thin version at first. See how I like the phone. If it captures my imagination and I want to make it a keeper, I go for broke.

Thanks.

I recommend waiting for the S8 Active with the flat screen. It'll make your life so much easier. Screen protectors are going to be very difficult on the S8. Only "case friendly" screen protectors will work, most won't work with a case, so try those.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I recommend waiting for the S8 Active with the flat screen. It'll make your life so much easier. Screen protectors are going to be very difficult on the S8. Only "case friendly" screen protectors will work, most won't work with a case, so try those.
The Active is not a Verizon compatible phone. It's AT&T exclusive so that counts me out.

And I already paid the money so there is no turning back now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Be very careful with these. They are not friendly with all third party cases. I found that they work well with the Tech21 cases, while the Speck Presidio causes the edges to peel up. Spigen cases are a no go with them. Samsung cases should be fine.

Other than the case issues, and some minor installation wonkiness, it's one of the best non glass protectors out there.