When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

T22rmh

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

To answer the OP go about my business and ignore it. IPhone's are totally irrelevant to me....

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Wow curved glass, wireless charging? Evolutionary! Oh wait that's called a Samsung s8... I think I'll stay with my s8.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

lol, too many funny comments.

I will again point out that the iPhones are amazing and work very very well. Some people do not give a crud about the technical stuff we might. Heck, I HATE the idea of learning a new OS, but since I have all of July off I decided to chance buying my first Android device. The S8.

Watches are my thing. Love them. But 99% of the people out there couldn't give two poops about mechanical time pieces, how they work, their finishing, etc. And yet watch snobs go nuts when people show they do not care.

Such is life. :)

Last edited:

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Nope - never had an Iphone, and never will. I prefer my gardens to be wall-free.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

lol, too many funny comments.

I will again point out that the iPhones are amazing and work very very well. Some people do not give a crud about the technical stuff we might. Heck, I HATE the idea of learning a new OS, but since I have all of July off I decided to chance buying my first Android device. The S8.

Watches are my thing. Love them. But 99% of the people out there couldn't give two poops about mechanical time pieces, how they work, their finishing, etc. And yet watch snobs go nuts when people show they do not care.

Such is life. :)

Being locked by apple to only be able to do what they think we wanna do is not what i call amazing, also their UI is completely outdated and has nothing to offer users anymore (also MAKING us use itunes is kinda anti consumer imo) i don't care about tech specs i'm glad to have the latest and greatest but it's not a priority to me. To me my priority is to have something i can customize and call my own which iphones don't offer at all, android on the other hand lets you do whatever you wanna do, sky is literally the limit with it.

NB: nothing amazing about apple recycling the same design for 3 years (probably 4 looking at the latest leaks) They need to reinvent the iphone if they really want to get the android users to switch but i'm gonna go ahead and guess they're happy with the gullible people they already have and yes i said gullible as you have to be pretty dumb imho to wait weeks outside in line for a phone and call that an experience...... also adapters for days !! lmfao xD

Last edited:

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

No much. Read up on it's new features so when my dad calls me to tell me he ordered one because of all this new stuff I can laugh.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Recommendation, don't use Chrome, use Samsung browser, a lot more optiomized with even bigger features than Chrome.

When I use other phones, including iPhones I always use Chrome, but when I have a Samsung phone I disable Chrome and only use Samsung Browser. Smoother, Adblocker, Bimoterics login to websites and remember passwords, Bookmarks Sync with chrome (With Chrome Desktop's extension) and a lot other features makes it a better choice than Chrome, IMHO.
How do I get my bookmarks to sync with the Samsung browser? I finally gave up Firefox to use Chrome, but I want to try out the Samsung browser, but couldn't figure out how to sync passwords and bookmarks or import my stuff over.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

My brother will most likely upgrade to the iPhone 8, so I'll be able to check it out and play with it when he gets it. As for me, I'll be getting the note 8.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

How do I get my bookmarks to sync with the Samsung browser? I finally gave up Firefox to use Chrome, but I want to try out the Samsung browser, but couldn't figure out how to sync passwords and bookmarks or import my stuff over.

Passwords I don't think it exists yet, but for Bookmarks just go to your Desktop computer or laptop and open Chrome and look for Samsung extension, it will guide you step by step.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Passwords I don't think it exists yet, but for Bookmarks just go to your Desktop computer or laptop and open Chrome and look for Samsung extension, it will guide you step by step.
OK thanks

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I get the curiosity, I've been there-done-that a couple of times, but believe me, if you are an Android user who enjoys the freedom, diversity and customization Android gives you, once you use the iPhone for a week, boredom begins, you find yourself using the phone even less and less each day until you just use it when it's needed, while on Android and in a phone like the S8, months after I got it (2 months already) and I find myself turn it on just to look at the screen, then to see all my widgets information updates on the fly wherever I put them on my Home screens, changing my theme, icons and even the launcher just to refresh it, well, you know what I mean.

Once boredom hits you on the iPhone, the only ones that stays there are the loyal iPhone fans that for Apple benefit and credit, are most of them.

Aren't you supposed to use your phone when it's needed? That's exactly why I left android. I felt the need to use my phone when I didn't even need it! That then used up more battery than necessary and my head was constantly in my phone. Not to mention the fluidity and app integration on the iPhone is better than android IMO

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Not to mention the fluidity and app integration on the iPhone is better than android IMO

The app fluidity and integration is better on the iPhone most the time because Apple controls the hardware, software and the apps.

Think most agree that the iPhone works good, it's just blah.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

The app fluidity and integration is better on the iPhone most the time because Apple controls the hardware, software and the apps.

Think most agree that the iPhone works good, it's just blah.

I'll be the first to agree, in comparison to android it is BLAH but let's go back to what a phone really is! The iPhone is a phone that makes calls, sends texts, has video chat and much more. I don't need a phone to customize or tweak on a daily basis. The idea of a smartphone has evolved to crazy highs and it's a walking computer these days. I'm not saying it's a bad thing bc I love smartphone tech, I just think I realized what I really need in a "phone" and it might be blah but it's an amazing piece of technology and no matter what enhancements they make on a yearly basis, or don't make, the iPhone will always be a top seller

agaskew

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I'll point and laugh at the iOS 11 Control Center. Because it looks like the Windows 8 Start screen...

86ea65a9-9c8b-46ae-957d-790f798ddf53-800.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

..but isn't that how it's suppose to be?

p.s. love my silver SGS 8+

Everybody have different preferences and priorities, if yours is to use less and less your phone, that's great, but I don't see it that way, at least not yet. I love tech so if it's not on my phone, I'll have my tablet or my laptop or my Roku on just to look for something to do or watch, so with the iPhone it was just that, a phone, to use it when I needed to make calls or send Whatsapp messages, basically, that was all, I even preferred to use the Apple Watch to do certain stuff than pickup the iPhone to do them, yes, I was that bored with the iPhone, nothing new, nothing interesting for me to even look around.

Aren't you supposed to use your phone when it's needed? That's exactly why I left android. I felt the need to use my phone when I didn't even need it! That then used up more battery than necessary and my head was constantly in my phone. Not to mention the fluidity and app integration on the iPhone is better than android IMO

My answer above applies to your question, for the rest of your post, I use my phone when I need it/want to, that's a choice, like I said before, if you feel that's not right, good for you, for me is my Work, Entertainment, Reading and Social tool, so yes, I'm on it most of the day, that doesn't mean I don't have time for some Family Quality time and have a normal life, I don't see it as one thing or the other.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I'll be the first to agree, in comparison to android it is BLAH but let's go back to what a phone really is! The iPhone is a phone that makes calls, sends texts, has video chat and much more. I don't need a phone to customize or tweak on a daily basis. The idea of a smartphone has evolved to crazy highs and it's a walking computer these days. I'm not saying it's a bad thing bc I love smartphone tech, I just think I realized what I really need in a "phone" and it might be blah but it's an amazing piece of technology and no matter what enhancements they make on a yearly basis, or don't make, the iPhone will always be a top seller
I get what your saying, but your point is a little flawed in my opinion.

If all you need is a phone to make calls, text, and video chat... Any smart phone will work for you. You don't have to tweak a Android phone, I would bet most don't. If you take a decent Android phone out of the box and turn it on, do nothing else, you have those features at your fingertips, and probably with no issues. I think most issues with phones come from the tweaking, that's why I don't root or jail brake phones anymore. For what you want a phone for, you don't need to pay the high dollar price tags for flagship phones, there are a lot of cheaper options IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38