When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

Let me see, 15 hours after being unplugged I still have 61% with about 2.25 hours of SOT, at the same time my iPhone 7 Plus was around 65% with basically same usage, by the time I was ready to go to bed around 11pm each night it was at 60%, my S8+ around 55-57%, just like I said, comparable, I never said equal or better. If 3-5% of difference is not comparable then again, different people, different definition of words, terms and phrases.

View attachment 262514

Cool 👍

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Give me any phone.. I'll kill the battery before lunch (30 percent or lower) by lunch with my usage :p.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Anyone think Apple will ever create a app drawer and let users set up home screens the way they want to set them up, and widgets?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

My wife gave me an iPhone 3S when it came out. When I discovered I needed a proprietary connector, and couldn't just drag and drop on to the device, I was done (although the BS doesn't stop there). Kept it for a year as it was a gift.

It'll take a significant innovation to get me to consider an iPhone. I honestly don't see any happening.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Anyone think Apple will ever create a app drawer and let users set up home screens the way they want to set them up, and widgets?

Unless their stocks drop considerably i doubt they'll ever even think about stuff like that. Apple peps are too happy being locked in their schemes,so unless most of em start demanding features like it or stop using iphones apple will keep doing what they do (small upgrades every year with minimal features update).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Unless their stocks drop considerably i doubt they'll ever even think about stuff like that. Apple peps are too happy being locked in their schemes,so unless most of em start demanding features like it or stop using iphones apple will keep doing what they do (small upgrades every year with minimal features update).
They could push that no change to far like Kmart/sears did, by the time they realize they are in trouble it's to late.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

They could push that no change to far like Kmart/sears did, by the time they realize they are in trouble it's to late.

When the i7 came out i've heard apple stocks were already going downhill some went as far as to say they lost their touch. So pretty sure they're already in a sinking ship since steve died and they probably will wait until they HAVE to change to survive. Otherwise like you said it's probably gonna be too late lol.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Laugh at all the features they added and claim are revolutionary when I've had them on Android for years.

Seriously I've never been interested in an iPhone, but I have considered an iPad but one thing stops me. I'm already heavily invested in Google Play, have some stuff on Amazon app store, and I've got Windows 10 store purchases. Basically I have no desire to invest in another app store and ecosystem.

Thomasrope

May 20, 2017
Visit site

I used the iPhone for 4 years. They are great devices for non-tech people like my wife. But I'm a techie and love customizing my gadgets and you can't do much with an iPhone. Switched to a Note 4 three years ago and I've never looked back. I will be very interested in what the Note 8 is like.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Apple stock is doing just fine. While I don't use Apple products my wife and I are active investors and Apple has been a very profitable part of our portfolio.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

Only if I feel the desire to never change more than a wallpaper and ringtone in a phone. They can add all the hardware capabilities they want. iOS is the problem with iPhone. It's so closed off and you are forced by apple to use something you own they way they want you to use it. You have no freedom with an iPhone.

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

nop not me i this came from a iphone 7 a why it was OK i love my new samsung S8 much better

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

I'm currently invested in both iPhone and android. I'll see what Apple has to offer. I currently am really enjoying my S8 Plus a lot more than my iPhone 7 Plus. I'm going to make a decision after I see what the Note 8 has to offer. But I'm pretty sure I won't jump on the iPhone either if the Note 8 is not what I'm expecting. I'm glad to see Samsung has come so far with its current phone.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

A high end iPhone screen for the first time would prob convince me, I typically only buy Samsung because of the superior screen tech.

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site

I'm done with iPhones. I had a 3g, 4, 5, and 6 and just got so tired of them. Made the switch at the beginning of this year to a galaxy s7 and I just love Android. I swear to god I'm never going back to iOS lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001