My Samsung Galaxy S8 AKG right earphone volume is lower than the left.

Jmrgr

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I've bought my Samsung Galaxy S8 when it was released and it came with a pare of AKG headphones. After some time, I realised that the right earphone is much lower than the left one.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have two pair that both work "Ok." The fit is terrible and the sound quality is less than stellar. However the volume is equal on both earphones with both pair.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have two pair that both work "Ok." The fit is terrible and the sound quality is less than stellar. However the volume is equal on both earphones with both pair.

Agree the sound quality is mediocre at best and I'm no audiophile. Suitable for a call but it murders music.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
My right earphone is also wayyyyy lower volume than the left... and I am pretty sure it wasn't like that when I first started using them...

(plugged them into my laptop and still had the same problem... used other earphones on my S8 and both left and right are equal volume)

If anyone knows a way to get replacements thru Samsung or something please let me know

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn! Have any of you tried to exchange them? I hadn't heard about this issue, but now it seems it's a widespread one! I honestly took them out, heard the tinny, horrible sound from them, and put them in a drawer and never looked back. Still using the B&O ones that shipped with the V20 (which sound great, but are annoying because they decided to put the freakin' control box on the left earphone).

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. It's not like this when I bought it. Only a month after that the right ear has lower volume.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Settings-> Sound and Vibration -> Sound quality and effects -> Adapt sound -> Personalise sound.

That works to make them sound a bit better, but if they're experiencing the problem in other devices as well, the issue is with the headphones not with a setting on the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've bought my Samsung Galaxy S8 when it was released and it came with a pare of AKG headphones. After some time, I realised that the right earphone is much lower than the left one.

I would try to rotate the headphone in the jack see if that helps, ive had that happen with other phones and simple rotation while listening fixed it

pr_ans

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
My AKG headphones that came with my S8+ (International Dual Sim Model) ran into the same issue last week. I visited Samsung Service Centre @bondi Junction, NSW, Australia and they gave me a new pair within few minutes.

They acted as if it was a known issue - though their answer to my question 'Did Samsung acknowledge this to be known defect?' was a 'No' :)

kill-joy

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on two pairs. Both with the same ear (left) it could be an issue in production and quality control. The earbuds were free so meh. If you're in the market for quality headphones at a good price, I would suggest KZ ZST's. They're on Amazon for around $20 USD and they sound like $100 headphones.

Domilito

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site

I had the same problem. All I had to do was remove the little mesh screen, clean, and replace it. Good as new 👍