Any regrets after purchasing the S8 or S8+?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just regret not getting a "perfect" model. Mine died on me yesterday. Just started bootlooping for no reason. Waiting to get my warranty replacement.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I love my S8+. I flirted with the Note FE, but after using a 6.2" infinity display it's hard to go back. I don't think I'll get the Note 8.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Regrets, probably not but could be better in some areas like software, speaker quality etc. Generally don't keep the phone more than few months so looking forward to Note 8, Pixel 2 and the new iPhone launches

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
First of all I love the phone, its exceeded my expectations and particularly the amount of SOT I'm getting ......... BUT

The phone looks super cool and is a sheer joy to hold in the hand.......unfortunately, I don't think I could use this phone without a case and keep it in a reasonable conditon without being over protective and treating it like a baby.....so I have bought the most gorgeous phone that feels great in the hand and I have it covered up most of the time ............ that does not make sense really.... so that niggles at me a bit.

I go to a few forums and many many people are discussing the best cases and screen protectors ........ it's madness really.... and I sometimes question everyone's sanity including my own.

Would I of made the same decision and bought the S8 Plus 3 months ago?

Absolutely:)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I thought the peripheral didn't matter.
Unfortunately it does matter and from the reps on Samsung's boards, BT 5 is more finicky with older devices and it's affecting the range severely.

Put on some BT headphones and put your phone in your pocket. You won't be happy.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure what affect Bluetooth 5 has on my phone. Don't have any new devices to test it on except S3 and Galaxy Book 12.

Old and new devices seem to work fine although it is very much known problem.

Do know than when using hot spot for Note 4 or 5 the range is tremendous. But that probably doesn't involve Bluetooth.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Especially since the Note 8 does not appear to have enough to warrant a jump from the 8+. Did not use the pen much anyway.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm an admitted outlier. But why did Note take away my S Finder. On my Note 4 I could check entire phone including sms messages and hidden PDFs. There is nothing in the Playstore that replaces it. I've checked.

I know more recent phones have some monstrosity they call S Finder. But it's a sham.

There is a Samsung trend to cripple or banish perfectly good software. It's this chasing Apple thing I surmise.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the g6 would have offered a better case and protector selection, but all doubt pretty much fades when I think about the vr gaming i have gotten out of it.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I'm using my old Edge right now, and I noticed a few things:

1) The S8 screen is flat out better. The Edge looks drab in comparison.

2) The Edge feels slower in comparison

3) The Edge feels huge and heavy now. And having the back button to the right of the home button (which I remapped on the S8) is kludgy.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No regrets. I got it as a placeholder for 4-5 months waiting for the Note8. Works fine. No issues. Just not ideally what I want long termination.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I use to change phones 3 or 4 times a year. But the technology is so superior I've lost the lust for the newest and greatest.

What's the Note going to give me besides the stylus--which I love.

A smaller sealed battery, a better camera which I don't need, extra memory which is wasted, and the same method of casting to my TV. Extra productivity: I don't see it coming. We'll see.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Love my S8! Discovering new things all the time with it! Looking forward to the S9 now with Oreo (or whatever it will be called...)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty