Galaxy S8 - PIN code security screen sometimes bypassed

A

AC Question

I just got an S8 and I noticed something peculiar. I set up a PIN security code to access the phone, but every once in a while after I double tap on the lock screen and then swipe, it bypasses the PIN pad and goes directly to the main screen. Has anyone else been experience this?

Also, on occasion it will get a message briefly pop up on my screen that says: "lost audio focus.no duck" and then "audio focus regained". Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I also have an S8+ and have not seen any hint of bypassing the PIN code. You might want to check your security settings. The error code you listed appears to be associated with using a headset or some type of external audio device. Are you using one of those?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

dbatson

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I just signed up. Thanks for your help. Nine times out of ten I have to enter the PIN as required, but on occasion it will go directly the main screen. As to your other comment, no, I haven't used any audio devices yet for this phone.

dbatson

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I checked and I don't believe I have the smart lock activated, besides, it will occur several times while I am in the same location. One time it will ask for the PIN, the next, it goes right in. Then the next time, it will ask the PIN again.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Security, secure lock settings then check lock automatically. Check the time interval you have set. If it's longer than a few seconds your situation could happen.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
You have to have it set where it locks as soon as the screen turns off. That's how I have mine set and it always asks me to unlock my phone and that's how I want it. Just go to settings > lock screen and security > secure lock settings and it's the first option where you can put that it locks every time you click the power button

Ca5p3r69

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
I’m not sure I’m I’m remembering since u say it’s in this right but there is a security setting of trusted locations like u can set it at home or at work and it will unlock without ur security pin after u done it just check that .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11